Are you interested in a fulltime job with a Fortune 100 company? If so, our Production Technician role may be the perfect opportunity for you. Here at Corteva Agriscience, we are growing whats next by building the future of agriculture leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of both science and technology (thats where you come in!) that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of mankind.
In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with general plant operations and field activities that will evolve with each season throughout the year. You will be responsible for setting up and monitoring highly automated equipment for various processes such as harvest, conditioning, treating, and packing.
During peak season (September-April) the New Madrid production plant runs a 24/6 or 24/7 schedule based on demand. Shift hours can be 8 to 12 hours depending on which schedule is utilized. During summertime months, the plant staggers down to day shifts running 5-8s Monday through Friday & evening shifts running 4-10's Monday through Thursday. Shift schedules may vary and are based on demand plans and scheduling.
Responsibilities: What Will You Do?
- Harvest activities such as preparation, drying, receiving etc.
- Conditioning activities such as sizing, gravity operation, bagging, palletizing, etc.
- Return and rework activities
- Field management activities
- Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, etc.
- Gathering data for future aid in continuous improvement projects
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor
What Expertise Have You Grown? What is Required from you?
- High School diploma/GED
- Minimum of one year of on-the-job experience in manufacturing, production, operations, agriculture or related field
- Must possess a valid drivers license
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
- Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
- Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
The following are preferred:
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work are a plus
- Knowledge of field equipment desired
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Teamwork skills
Lets peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.