Valdosta Manufacturing site has an exciting opportunity for Production Operators to join Corteva Agriscience. In this role, you will operate the processes of the manufacturing unit to meet safety, environmental, production, yield, and quality requirements. As you move through levels of responsibility to fulfil the role of a Production Operator, your opportunity to grow and develop your career with our business increases! At the Valdosta Crop Protection production facility, we are committed to looking for solutions in everything we do. Our mission calls for using innovation to solve problems, reduce operating costs, improve reliability, and reduce our environmental footprint. Our Lets Solve manifesto reminds us of our purpose and the value of our work.
Corteva Agriscience offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more! We welcome candidates from all industries who want to grow their career with us! We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have stable work history. Please ensure you attach an updated copy of your resume with your application for full consideration.
What You Will Do:
- Take and record process data (pressure, temperature, flow rates, etc.) in order to monitor and evaluate process status.
- Read, interpret, and follow oral and written instructions such as operations' guidelines, plant orders, standard operating conditions, and operating procedures in order to properly operate the unit.
- Follow all prescribed safety and environmental practices and procedures in order to prevent injuries, prevent incidents, and ensure compliance with all environmental regulations.
- Select and wear proper personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, steel toed shoes, fall protection equipment, hearing protection, respiratory equipment, etc.) in order to prevent personal injury.
- Operate process equipment using varied process controls such as manual, pneumatic, PLC and HMI systems in order to keep the process operating under normal conditions.
- Connect process and utility hoses with or without tools as appropriate while wearing the necessary personal protective equipment in order to maintain the correct flow of the process.
- Perform minor maintenance work using hand tools in order to maintain equipment.
- Operate mobile equipment such as forklift.
- Operate process equipment such as mills, fillers, valves, pumps, etc. in order to make quality product and meet business needs.
- Collect and analyze process samples using lab methods and equipment for process control in order to verify product quality.
- Perform routine inspections on safety equipment, ladders, and process equipment in order to ensure that they are maintained in good working order.
- Keep work area clean and orderly in order to prevent safety hazards.
- Use computer based communications, data-tracking and reporting systems such as, e-mail, Hazcom, SAP, etc. in order to monitor process data, access information and initiate work systems.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement processes in order to improve the manufacturing process.
- Serve as operations' representative for Process Hazards Analysis in order to provide operations point of view into the process.
- Interact with maintenance personnel in order to repair/adjust process equipment in an expedient and effective manner.
Who You Are:
- You value learning and growing and are looking for a career where you can grow what matters!
- When a problem occurs, you look for a solution to fix it!
- You value working as a team, are proactive, communicate concerns, and are accepting of change.
- You have a High School Diploma/GED or higher.
- You have 2-3 years of related work experience in manufacturing, production, operations, warehousing, military operations, or related field
- Retrieving or entering data into a database? Navigating the internet for safety training? using Outlook for office communication? No problem! You are comfortable with computers and have basic Microsoft Office and computer skills.
- You are comfortable with basic mathematical equations and can add, subtract, multiply, and divide using percentages and decimals to utilize the Metric/English system for measurement.
- You are a clear communicator and work effectively with others. You can read, comprehend, and follow oral and written procedures and instructions.
- You are ready to get to work and are willing and able to:
- Work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Climb stairs and/or work in elevated areas.
- Stand and walk for extended periods (i.e. 7-9+ hours per day).
- Work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as respirators, hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, and steel-toed safety shoes.
- Complete work that involves repetitive motion (i.e. bending/stooping/kneeling) and/or repetitive lifting with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing and able to work in inclement weather conditions? No problem! You love to get out there and work hard in different environments! You are also willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. with our without reasonable accommodation.
- You understand that delivering to our customers on-time keeps us viable and are willing and able to work a rotating shift (i.e. 8, 10, 12 hour rotating shifts) and work overtime hours including weekend and holiday work required during seasonal peaks to support achieving those goals.
It Would Be Great If You Have:
- An Associates or Trade/Technical school two year degree.
- 5+ years of manufacturing or related experience.
- 4+ years of Military experience.
- Hazardous materials training.
- Forklift Experience and/or Certified.
- Candidates with 10+years of manufacturing experience and additional skill set will be considered with compensation.