Corteva Agriscience, Agriculture division of DowDupont is seeking to hire a Production Engineer at our plant in Pittsburg, California.
The Production Engineer will act as a technical resource for operations personnel, applying technical skills within Manage Production, to optimize plant operations, resolves plant problems and enables production of low cost, quality products. The incumbent will also be responsible for providing a technical resource to assist work teams on daily operations and process performance so as to run a low cost, on specification, reliable, optimized operation, thereby maximizing value to the business.
The Production Engineer works with the Business, Plant and Partners to determine long term production rates and the plant outages to meet demand and also coaches unit personnel on productivity measurement tools. The position will be responsible for providing a plant knowledgeable resource to work with the Business team, Partners and Plant personnel to optimize long term plant production, as well as communicate the plant perspective, with regards to setting production capabilities. This role focuses the plant on productivity performance measurements.
- Understands all applicable process technology, equipment and control technology. Works with Technical Advising and plant personnel it to optimize operations, meet Business and plant goals.
- Participates in advanced trouble shooting and coaches others to learn these skills.
- Implements best practices in operations in order to optimize operations. Ensures Most Effective Technology (MET), and specific Operating Discipline requirements are in place.
- Performs appropriate Manage Production roles as determined by Plant / Business.
- Understands and applies skills and knowledge in Statistical Process Control (SPC) technology, to maximize plant asset utilization and produce low cost, quality products.
- Initiates changes to Plant Operating procedures to ensure they are valid and up to date.
- Networks with other engineers on site and within the global business to leverage knowledge on plant operations.
- As required communicate technical information and issues to plant personnel, Technology or Expertise centers.
- Be the plant Asset Utilization/Asset Capability/MAC Focal Point. Drive rate changes, optimize profiles to meet production goals while increasing MAC, maintain the AU Database, enter production data into the AU database, and calculate monthly AU/AC/AMR/MAC.
- Facilitate a plant process improvement team.
- Own and maintain the plant P&IDs.
- Take care of random audits and assessments that are required by outsiders.
- Become the team leader of production loss EATs and lead the RCIs to identify key action items so the event will not recur.
- Creates Plant Operating procedures as needed.
- Initiates, owns and reviews MOCs as needed.
- Provides On-Call support.
- Works with the Business Production Planning and Schedule Execution to optimize the long-term production schedule.
- Understands the Business needs relating to production and translates these Business production goals into plant production goals.
- Works with Integrated Supply Chain to ensure plant needs are met.
- Determines shutdown timing with Production Planning, Start Up/Shutdown Coordination, Operate Plant Activity Coordination, etc.
- Assists in the development of the plant specific Business rules for Produce to Plan / Record Production Data and ensures plant procedures are developed and used to apply the defined Business rules.
- Works with Schedule Execution to resolve exceptions to production schedules, which are not covered by Business rules; communicate with partners, facilitates the resolution, understands impact on customer and develops the plan of action.
- Ensures an MOC is initiated whenever a facility moves to an abnormal operating status. Idling, decommissioning, mothballing, etc. SU/SD process will be utilized.
- Ensures production metrics/measurements, required by the work processes, are collected to track work process performance as per Business rules.
- Ensures effective measurement tools are in place to track production yields, raw material conversion and asset utilization.
- Coaches plant personnel on measurement tools and daily updates of performance records and business measurements.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering is required
At least 3 years of manufacturing experience is preferred