Buyer or IT professional experienced in preparing, negotiating, managing and coordinating agreements supporting the procurement of IT Hardware, E-Publication/Database and Software or similar field. Evaluates and selects suppliers in terms of quality, service, cost and capability. May assist in the development of procurement strategies in conjunction with the businesses or commodity teams. Ensures competitive pricing service versus industry trends and market place dynamics. Resolves quality, service, supply and invoicing issues with suppliers. Identifies and drives continuous improvement. Oversees contract implementation and supplier performance/interaction; involved with resolving operational issues.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Negotiate and deliver savings to meet business requirements and S&L objectives.
- Create and implement a procurement strategy.
- Understand market dynamics, labor rates/market rates, etc. that impact assignment.
- Use of Auction Tools, RFIs, RFQs, RFPs and/or sealed bids.
- Create leveraged agreements as appropriate.
- Lead bid meetings.
- Lead supplier selection processes.
- Assist business to ensure a well defined scope of work.
- Negotiate terms & conditions and create white paper agreements.
- Resolve supplier performance issues.
- Lead and enable effective resolution of emergency sourcing needs.
- Calculate and report accomplishments in all appropriate systems.
- Minimize single source situations by qualifying additional suppliers.
- Understand business needs.
- BA / BS degree with preferred focus on Sourcing & Logistics, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification (or certification must be obtained within the first 12-24 months).
- Sourcing work experience preferred.
- Commodity knowledge preferred
Key Core Competencies
- Communicating with Impact - Expressing thoughts, feelings, and ideas in a clear, succinct, and compelling manner in both individual and group situations; adjusting language to capture the attention of the audience.
- Analysis and Judgment - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Engagement - Demonstrating a willingness to actively commit to ones work and to invest ones time, talent, and best efforts to accomplish organizational goals.
- Managing for Productivity - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Teamwork/Collaboration - Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Key S&L Functional Competencies (preferred)
- Negotiation Skills - Persuades suppliers and clients to reach mutually beneficial agreements and influences important outcomes. Recognizes when to apply vendor tensioning techniques and knows when to lock-in a commitment.
- S&L Processes/Systems - Applies S&L functional processes (e.g., BRRP) and system technologies (e.g., SRM, e-Sourcin SAP) to develop and execute competitive sourcing solutions that accelerate delivery for maximum business results.