Position: IT Business Process Expert Lead for APAC
Location: Hyderabad, India
About us: Who are we, and what we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community. Corteva Agriscience creates the world’s most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva Agriscience creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now
and into the future. As the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, we’re building a culture that stays curious, thinks differently, acts boldly and takes a stand on what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our team oriented environment.
Who is a BPE Lead?
A Business Process Expert Lead (BPELD) is a formal or informal people leader who provides coaching and product leadership to a specific group of BPE(s) as well as Corteva’s Agile Product teams and SaaS providers through collaboration with both business and technology stakeholders.
The BPE Lead is responsible for enabling the BPE/Sr. BPE staff to excel in helping the business achieve their goals. The BPE Lead would have a mastery skill level in the following attributes with an emphasis on Technology Leadership. Successfully BPE Leads must have the appetite and ability to lead others, flex their managerial courage, and foster grow to win.
As a Technology Leader BPE Lead contributes by:
• Knowing the Business – has mastery command over business process and leads business and BPE team exercises to knowledge share, discover, and capitalize on capability enhancements or innovations that maximize business value
• Knowing our Capabilities – acts as SME (Subject Matter Expert) in understanding Corteva’s enterprise digital capabilities and proactively champions knowledge sharing across BPE/business teams to remove knowledge gaps. Provides BPE consultation in connecting them to Corteva IT resources as part of the capability discovery process to help reduce time to market, standardize execution, and enable regional & global scalability
• Knowing the Industry – maintains current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies, trends, and best practices that elevate the digital experience
As a Builder BPE Lead contributes by:
• Mapping Business Capabilities – proactively monitors and guides BPE business capability mapping efforts to assess current state. As needed, leads or consults on the identification of standardization and simplification opportunities for improving business processes
• Crafting the Design – Oversees design quality by providing consult and reviewing the BPE work product around needs assessments, defining scope, budgeting, and solutioning
• Developing the Roadmap – Provides consultation and ensures business alignment with the process of developing the strategic plan into a rolling product plan. As needed, leads or guides a collaborative discussion introducing outsourced application services and Features with the delivery team
As an Operator BPE Lead contributes by:
• Running the Engine – Assesses BPE work product with business capability maps. As needed, facilitates and/or consults on product roadmap tactical planning
• Supporting the Team - Reviews BPE business value assessments to ensure best practices are being following that enable overall solution health and technical excellence. Provides BPE escalation path to meet needs or remove obstacles.
How does a BPE Lead work…
• Strategic Leadership: Leads and influences business process modelling best practices and outcomes which ensure product roadmaps maximize business value
• Productive Team: Partners with team, PO (Product Owner), BRM (Business Relationship Manager) , and ITPO (IT Product Owner) to guide the creation of business capabilities to meet and exceed business needs using IT and industry standards-based approaches
• Shepherd Product Roadmap: Partners with the team, business and IT stakeholders to govern development and execution of multi-year and annual product strategies
What is a BPE Lead’s skills and behaviors?
• Strategic Enablement: Leverage technical leadership to enable business strategy through constructing product roadmaps through discovery and innovation of IT solutions. Ability to invent process/technology capabilities that users never imagined; can start from scratch.
• Business IQ: Growing knowledge and understanding of their business partners and how they fit within Corteva overall; Participate in industry peer groups to understand industry trends. Passion for user-centered design, results driven by insights and analytics and a focus on investment return.
• Technology IQ: Growing knowledge and understanding of leading and emerging technologies related to their business partners and associated technology product families; Participate in industry peer groups to understand industry trends
• Organizational Agility: Views ambiguity as opportunity to define and drive business evolution and value; effortlessly structures large amounts of complex information within a process framework. Doesn’t overthink; can identify analysis paralysis and over-engineering in self and others
• Communication EQ: Comfortable flexing communication styles to facilitate consensus, engages others with perspective thinking, knows negative triggers, fully self-aware, excels at presenting ideas and solutions
What are an BPE Lead’s Primary Responsibilities?
• Ensure proactive collaboration across the BPE community and with all IT stakeholders to ensure best practices while evolving group learning opportunities
• Ensure business process modelling techniques are standardized and consistently utilized, measure quality
• Regularly review business process outputs to drive ideation of new people, process, and technology enhancements
• Facilitates defining and aligning Strategic Capability Roadmap, Technology Roadmap and Product Roadmaps in collaboration with BRM, ITPO, and POs.
• Regularly reviews Product Roadmap outputs to ensure quality and a focus on business and IT value
• Work with business PO (Product Owner), BRM and ITPO to decommission the applications for optimizing solution landscape
• As needed, documents and monitors business processes to assess current state. Identify standardization and simplification opportunities and emerging requirements for improving business processes
• As needed, translates business needs into specific business requirements. Collaborate with Solution Architects to translate business requirements into functional / technical requirements
• As needed, create user stories for desired solution functionality
• As needed, partners with delivery vendors. Communicates technical requirements, define deliverables, and oversee execution
• Bachelor or Master degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• 10+ years of IT and business experience with increasing levels of leadership responsibility
• 3+ working experience in BPE or similar role
• Excellent communication skills in English both on verbal and written including presenting
• Advanced analytical, conceptual & innovative thinking capability
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding on the business processes especially on Commercial and operation
• Proven track to drive business process efficiency & effectiveness with IT products
• Experience to create and manage the capability and product roadmap
• Experience to work in multinational companies with people from diversified culture and background inside and outside of APAC region
• Consulting experience in business or IT is preferred
• Green Belt or Black Belt Lean Six Sigma is a plus
• Familiarity with farming and/or agriculture strongly preferred, not required
|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|