Instructional Systems Designer
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience creates the world's most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva Agriscience creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now and into the future.
As the worlds first dedicated agriculture start-up, were building a culture that stays curious, thinks differently, acts boldly and takes a stand on whats right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. We know weve got big challenges to solve - we hope you'll be part of the solution. Whether you are in the lab or on the farm, teaching classes or crafting code - we need bold thinkers and fearless doers to bring their best to the job at hand. Every role at Corteva Agriscience includes an opportunity to grow what matters.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for an Instructional Systems Designer!
In this role, you will be responsible for creating comprehensive training programs for Process Operating Technicians utilizing the adult learning methods.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record in analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of small and large scale learning solutions.
If youre ready for your next career adventure, apply today!
Our Pittsburg, California campus is home to 390 acres of manufacturing space making it the largest west coast chemical facility and the third largest employer in Pittsburg. Although a manufacturing powerhouse, the Pittsburg site touts 475 acres of lush wetlands preserve and dozens of prestigious awards from the Wildlife Habitat Council and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. In fact, Pittsburg maintains successful strategic partnerships with the Lindsay Wildlife Museum, the University of California, Berkeley, and the Earth Team. Children from surrounding local schools regularly take field trips to the site and Pittsburg hosts the annual Environmental Fair. Pittsburg employees enjoy a lush, wetland landscape while connecting with colleagues through regular celebrations, festive holiday events, picnics and more. Join us in bringing sustainable food solutions into homes around the world, and well make you feel at home while youre at work in Pittsburg.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities - How will you help us grow?
- Partner with subject matter experts to build effective in-plant training, eLearning storyboards, and Instructor Led class materials utilizing instructional design methods.
- Conduct needs assessment on existing learning options.
- Develop learning resources that accommodate different learning styles.
- Propose the most effective method of delivery for each training program.
- Create in-class & e-Learning activities to effectively engage learners.
- Implement a measurement system for each training program.
- Identify and implement best practices between departments, functions, and other manufacturing sites.
- Responsible for the performance and effectiveness of the Operations Learning Program (OLP).
Requirements What Youll Bring
- Have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- BS or BA degree, ideally in Instructional Design, Education or Technical Communication, Graphics Design, or English.
- 3 to 4 years experience in the learning/training industry.
- 1 to 2 years experience providing Learning Consulting/Training project management experience.
- Comfortable with working in a manufacturing facility; Work around chemicals, Work at heights; climb stairs, walk on grating, Work outside in inclement weather, Stand and walk for extended periods of time and Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) .
- Higher-level computer and computer programs skills.
- Experience or willingness to learn common office applications/programs such as Office 365 and other communication/content distribution and management tools.
- Work effectively with others and respects all learning styles.
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices.
- Strong relationship building, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Good organization, prioritization and time-management skills.
- Demonstrates a bias for decision making, continuous improvement and agility.
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of management and work in a team environment.
- Ability to work within an instructional design system, communicate design concepts and promote the use of instructional design methodologies.
Experience working in manufacturing industry, including safety requirements.
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Lets peek at just a few of the advantages to working at Corteva and how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future.
Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
And much, much more.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.