GROWING WHAT MATTERS STARTS WITH YOU
Corteva Agriscience, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future. #GrowWhatMatters
Learn how you can be our voice in the conversation about the future of agriculture.
Corteva is seeking a Government & Industry AffairsManager, to be located in Kyiv, Ukraine. The Ukraine Government & IndustryAffairs Manager will ensure the development and execution of programs inUkraine, to enhance the company reputation and deliver growth to the business.S/he will also provide assistance with similar activities in other regions ofEurope as directed by management, and will leverage key Europe-based externalstakeholders and strong relationship management skills to protect and promoteCortevas products portfolio and freedom to operate.
To accomplish this result, this individual must effectivelyadvocate for Cortevas positions on legislation and regulatory proposals,leveraging a network of internal resources to support, including GlobalResponsibility, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Communications, Product Advocacy andthe commercial business. It will be critical that this individual is a teamplayer that can effectively work against strategic priorities set by thebusiness and External Affairs leadership. This requires two-way communicationand regular touch points with country management team in Kyiv and the Europeand global organization, the ability to identify and flag new and changing issues,and the capacity to handle changing priorities with agility.
- Collaboratively sets and executes Government & Industry Affairs strategy.
- Supports the Regional Government & Industry Affairs lead develop policies and procedures that involve knowledge, expertise and awareness of government legislation.
- Accountable for ensuring alignment with strategic direction to the business and External Affairs organization, with focus on development and execution of public policy Initiatives, advocacy and business development.
- Develops, coordinates and implements advocacy strategies with business leaders, relevant policy making bodies, and associations on policy matters that impact Corteva in the European region. Strategies are typically designed to promote regulatory acceptance of products and critical commercial business growth initiatives.These priorities include:
- Freedom to operate
- Right to invest
- Market access/market shaper
- Product regulation
- Customs or tariffs
- Export controls or sanctions
- Trade policy development and negotiation
- Strategic partnerships
- Establishes and maintains relationships with regional regulators, legislators, policymakers and agri-business leaders.
- Prepares and submits lobbying reports as required. Participate in the development and implementation of budgets for expenses related to lobbying activities, trade association memberships and political contributions.
- Facilitates interactions by business and functional representatives with key policy officials, including advising legislation, regulatory proposals and policy debates.
- Conducts all duties in accordance with Corteva core values and core services.
To Grow What Matters, You Will Need
Skills & capabilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven success building and mainting relationships with key external stakeholders
- High business acumen
- Strong organizational skills, including project management ability
- Flexibility and excellence under pressure
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing, challenging work environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under very demanding time constraints and set appropriate priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by actively developing a spirit of teamwork and cooperation when working with diverse work groups and contributing to an enthusiastic, positive work climate
- Ability to self-direct own work to attain agreed objectives, as well as be an effective team member
- High attention to detail; ability to recall details from past events, conversations and introductions
- Working and building relationships with government officials
- Project management on cross-functional projects
- Ability to anticipate needs, identify issues impeding success, and propose creative, viable solutions. Cope well with ambiguity and changes in direction as solutions are developed
- Analyzing and interpreting legislation and policy documents
- Strong understanding of the structure of European Agriscience industry
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills; able to interact successfully with people of all levels inside and outside of Corteva
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Able to work effectively in multi-functional and multi-cultural environment, and in a team setting
- Strong interpersonal, networking, and public speaking skills, with the confidence and credibility to act quickly, communicate effectively, and command respect of both internal and external audiences
- Native-level Ukrainian and fluent English; relevant additional languages a plus. Thrives in a collaborative environment, and cultivates such an environment on all teams
5+ years of extensive experience in government and/or industry affairs (variety of assignments is preferred) with demonstrated global perspective and regional markets knowledge.
BS or BA preferably in public policy, public affairs, government or related field. An MBA or other advanced degree is highly desirable.
Experience in a multinational corporation or association focused on innovative sectors and/or food and agriculture sectors is preferred.
Agriculture industry experience
Demonstrated experience counseling and establishing credibility among executives.
Demonstrates understanding of best practices and trends in government and industry relations. This includes emerging content strategies, digital strategies and tools, reputational measurement practices and issues/crisis response tactics.
Proven superior/first-hand knowledge of the Government and Industry within European region, multi-lateral agency, trade associations, policy environment and decision-making processes.
Demonstrated understanding of how government officials develop and implement policy with the ability to analyze government policy/legislation and advocate corporate positions before senior policy makers, legislative staff, and the administration.
Demonstrated ability to partner with government bodies to collaborate and secure incentives to operate and innovate, as well as, build partnerships and coalitions across value chain entities to advance common policy adjectives.
Availability to travel at least 30% of the time.
Who Are We Looking For?
- Curious, bold thinkers who want to grow their careers and be part of a winning team
- Market shaping individuals who want to transform the agriculture industry to meet the worlds growing need for food
- Collaborators who thrive in a diverse, inclusive work environment
- Innovators who bring initiative and fresh ideas that drive our business into the future and make us an industry leader
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
Growing What Matters Starts With You What Can We Offer To Help You Grow?
- Challenging work assignments that grow your skills, capabilities and experiences
- Opportunities for international rotations and relocation that will expand your global view and cultural experience
- Diverse, inclusive work environment where employees bring their whole selves to work and feel heard, valued and empowered
- Dedicated and customized resources to help grow your professional skills, industry expertise and personal perspectives.
- Joining us is a natural opportunity to strengthen your professional network through valuable relationships.
- Support the health and well-being of every employee by offering world-class benefits, meaningful work and competitive salary
- Performance driven culture with a strong focus on speed, efficiency and agility
Job Post Date: 07/15/20