Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what's next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture - leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Responsibilities - How will you help us grow?
As a Global Technology Guardian within Process Science & Technology you will play a crucial role in Corteva's success. As the key subject matter expert, you will be managing the chemistry and manufacturing technology of one or several of our commercial active ingredients. With a wide spectrum of responsibilities, you serve as a link between R&D and other critical functions and collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure successful technology implementation. You will further be responsible for developing, innovating and implementing novel technologies to increase production yield, reduce manufacturing costs, and improve plant operability and reliability.
• Manage and lead the process technology of active ingredients and provide technical expertise to ensure successful production of commercial actives. Serve as key technical focal point for plant troubleshooting and improvement efforts.
• Lead technology transfer and startup support efforts. Collaborate with internal and external manufacturing partners to ensure successful technology implementation and execution at pilot and commercial scale (lab to plant and site to site).
• Drive innovation and implementation of improved process chemistry and process technology. Partner with internal and external manufacturing partners to identify value creation opportunities. Design and plan experimental programs and leverage innovation platforms. Facilitate and execute improvement projects through lab, pilot and scale-up work and provide process technology expertise.
• Support or lead the development of new or improved chemical routes toward commercial actives in alignment with business strategy. Leverage both internal and external expertise to invent or identify new technologies to create competitive advantages.
• Anticipate business and asset technology needs and prioritize projects accordingly. Provide expert recommendations for strategic improvement projects. Work with resource leader to prioritize and secure resources.
• Provide technical information and project updates to plant operations, internal and external collaborators, and business stakeholders. Give internal presentations and updates. Seek guidance from supporting organizations and internal experts as appropriate.
• Understand competitive intelligence landscape and identify opportunities for IP protection and generic defense strategy. Remain current on academic and patent literature.
• Serve as link between R&D, manufacturing, and other critical functions such as regulatory, product chemistry, legal, external manufacturing, and supply chain including purchasing/procurement. Adhere to and understand all regulatory and product chemistry requirements and opportunities.
• Adhere to and cultivate sound laboratory safety and industrial hygiene practices in accordance with Corteva's policies.
• Own the technology documentation of the supported active ingredient(s) and its intermediates.
• Coach and mentor to early-career process technology chemists/engineers.
Requirements - What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
• Expertise in synthetic organic chemistry is required - ideally with an emphasis on reaction methodology development, process research, and/or total synthesis of small molecules.
• A PhD in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering is strongly preferred.
• Experience with process development / process improvement is preferred, ideally with previous project leadership experience in this area.
• Greater than 10 years of industry experience in process development and/or production support is preferred.
• Proven ability to find the root cause of complex and technically challenging problems.
• Experience collaborating with external partners (CROs, CMOs) is preferred.
• The ability to prioritize and execute numerous complex projects is critical.
• Strong knowledge of chemical & engineering principles.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across multi-disciplinary teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and people skills are critical.
• Mentorship and coaching skills are expected.
• Understanding of business concepts (e.g., cost modeling, AI strategy, supply agreements/contract language, etc.) is beneficial.
• Strong knowledge of statistical concepts, tools, and techniques. Six Sigma certification (Green Belt, Black Belt, Green Belt Project Leader) preferred.?
• Travel Requirements: Some domestic and international travel may be required (≤ 15%).
Check out life at Corteva!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
Register for your free AgCareers.com account to receive exclusive information and features.
Follow Company Alert×
Follow Company Alert Saved
Follow Company Alert