Corteva Agriscience, has an exciting opportunity for a District Sales Manager serving the North Central Nebraska territory. If you have a passion of helping customers be successful, this is a great opportunity for you!
Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow whats next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
What youll do Job Summary
This position is a member of the Hoegemeyer Brand team, responsible for meeting sales & margin targets in a geographical area of responsibility. The Hoegemeyer brand will drive additional demand and growth of Hoegemeyer products with customers and prospect. The Hoegemeyer District Sales Manager will be responsible for directing the sale of Hoegemeyer brand products in North Central Nebraska. Develop area tactics to implement sales programs, strategies, and policies in line with Company goals for profitable growth. Perform direct sales activities as well as provide leadership, vision and management of assigned sales personnel.
What your responsibilities will be
- Identify customer and prospect opportunities and establish a plan to capitalize on these opportunities through dealer sales and with sales representatives. Provide agronomic support and advice to growers and prospects and manage direct selling activities to assigned accounts.
- Pursues sales leads, set sales targets; visiting existing and new customers; assess customer needs and suggest appropriate products and services; respond to customer inquiries; negotiate prices and delivery times within the limits of authority; and conclude sales orders to meet revenue targets
- Call on customers with representatives and serve as a role model, teacher and coach to sales representatives, demonstrating sales skills and customer responsiveness. Manage sales representative performance through the establishment, communication and clarification of sales goals and expectations. Hold individuals accountable for meeting established performance standards.
- Recruit, select and retain a high-quality professional field sales force to meet customer and Company needs. The Sales manager will also play an important role in assisting the DSM with sales agent recruitment.
- Continually teach new and better ways to meet the needs of the customer. Ensure that all individuals in the area have the necessary technical skills and information needed to meet expectations. Create an environment that fosters learning.
- Coach sales team to enhance selling activity, differentiate products and services and build relationships. Work with District Sales Manager on customer and prospect management and territory management.
- Set sales targets and tactical plans with each sales rep for assigned customers and prospects.
- Understand customer needs and provide feedback to organization on product performance, program effectiveness and competitive activity. Suggest improvements or alternative tactics to help achieve district and area goals.
- Maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of Hoegemeyer products and services and trouble shoots some customer complaints and work to resolve them. Continually teach representatives new and better ways to meet the needs of the customer.
- Refers sales leads, customer feedback, and information on competitor activity to appropriate contacts within the organization so that they can respond to changing market conditions and customer demands
- Set strategic goals for district to grow business year over year. Evaluate your own district and understand areas of growth and expansion to match Hoegemeyer growth strategies.
- Determine how to allocate hybrids/varieties within the Hoegemeyer system to manage inventory and communicate available products to agents.
- Analyze and monitor and stay within set operational budgets and seed supply for your district.
Other Management Functions:
- Continue to develop professionally by remaining current with new technologies, management innovations and sales management developments.
- Analyze, monitor and manage within set guidelines the district operational budgets, various sales tools, and seed supply.
- Continue to look for ways to create additional efficiencies within the Hoegemeyer system and leverage company resources.
What you will bring
- Bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Business, Marketing preferred, will consider other degrees with related field sales experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in sales and sales management.
Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Selling methodology and technique.
- Hoegemeyer products and services.
- Marketing tools and techniques.
- Competitive product/service offerings; local agricultural markets; value chain and crop production practices.
- Environmental, regulatory, and stewardship requirements for the various technology products.
- Company policies and procedures.
Demonstrated skills in:
- Management of sales territory including supervision of personnel.
- Selling, negotiating, influencing, conflict resolution, handling objections and coaching.
- Using computer hardware software/intranet to generate reports, territory plans, inventory data, and complete administrative duties.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Build/maintain strong relationships with customers, key industry/market influencers, Corteva partners and teammates.
- Work effectively within a team environment.
- Lead and influence teams/projects and coach individuals in accomplishing defined objectives/goals.
- Understands the needs and values of partners and customers and to develop solutions to satisfy/retain.
- Get results by taking initiative, overcoming obstacles & finding creative solutions.
- Work independently with minimum supervision and operate within budget.
- Work in and adapt to a rapidly changing business environment.
Lets peek at how you can grow your well-being, health, and future at Corteva.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more.
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.