Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a DairySpecialist (1 year contract) Quebec province. The Dairy Specialist is asales-focused position with assigned livestock/dairy account responsibility. Theincumbent will drive sales demand generation within business unit and possess/deliverhigh level technical expertise on livestock/dairy nutrition as related toadding value to dairy enterprises through the positioning and use of Pioneerbrand products. The role also supports Account Managers (AM) and Sales Representatives(SR) on other dairy and livestock accounts. Build relationships with industryinfluencers including academics, feed company representatives, independentnutritionists and custom operators.
Position duties will include, but not limited to:
- Drive Sales Demand Generation within the business unit, inparticular by driving business with the 50 top dairy accounts within thegeographical area of responsibility.
- Provide key dairy account responsibility, training and tacticsupport of AMs and SRs, and strategic resource support to the field sales andmanagement teams; focused on areas of concentrated dairy production.
- Execute on Tactical Plans and Contribute to overall Dairy Strategyfor the business unit & for NAS.
- Contribute to strategic and tactical planning related to dairyaccounts.
- Emphasis on the interaction with and leverage through influencersin these industries.
- Contribute to the knowledge and information resource throughmaterials that support successful livestock production through the use of ourproducts.
- Contribute to training resources specific to the field sales teamand to producers.
Field link to Pioneer Global Nutritional Sciences.
- Influence Targeted Stakeholders regarding Pioneer products.
- Develop useful relationships with key influencer groups includingnutritionists, academics, custom operators working within the targetedindustries, and selected industry organizations.
- Maintain awareness of competitive activities in the targetbusiness, and continuously develop information or tactical responses thatsupport our business.
- Be accountable for sales demand generation of assigned dairyaccounts.
- Assist the area sales force in building relationships with thesekey dairy accounts.
- Train and coach Account Managers and Sales Reps/Dealers regardingtechnical selling skills, Pioneer product knowledge and services as they relateto adding value to dairy operations.
- Participate in Sales Rep/Dealer selection and developmentactivities by providing forage and nutritional technical and salessupport.
- Drive and execute the area strategy regarding livestock productioninfluencers (i.e. nutritionists, veterinarians, feed companies reps, certaincrop consultants, custom operators).
- Execute dairy strategy as outlined for specific sales market.
- Routinelyprovides strategic direction on product, performance, and technical informationcommunicated directly to the customer and field sales team.
To be qualified forthis role, you must possess and have knowledge of the following:
- B.Sc. degree inLivestock Nutrition, Dairy Science or equivalent.
- Knowledge of agronomicsand seed industry also beneficial.
- OAQ (Ordre des Agronomes du Qubec)membership required.
- Bilingual in English & French required.
- A valid Canadian driver's license with a responsible drivinghistory is required.
- This role requires extensive daily travel within a salesterritory.
- Exceptional communications skills, including the ability tointeract at all levels from simple to complex.
- Ability to understand and execute dairy strategy to drive sales within the business unit in the context of balanced success for the customer and the company.
- Ability to influence and create demand to meet sales goals. High level of teamwork orientation within a mixed-skill group, and with similar-skilled peers across the company.
- Willingness and ability to quickly acquire both the detailed and general knowledge pertinent to the dairy market and the target audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and build productive relationships with all the target audiences identified in the role, and to leverage those relationships to the benefit of customers and the Company.
- Candidate must have excellent French and English oral and written communications skills, with ability to interpret relatively complex materials.