This position provides leadership to the APAC Trade Compliance, Supply Chain and Operation teams to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations for import/export. Leads, coaches and orchestrates to improve processes and supply chain efficiencies in cross border activities. Works within Global Trade Governance, regional commercial operations, regional supply chain organizations, External Affairs, and Legal to implement a world-class international trade capability across the region.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Understand and implement defined responsibilities of Corteva Trade Governance, Trade Compliance and Trade Operations processes across Seeds and Crop Protection Supply Chain organizations.
- Support Corteva International Trade Community of Practice, driving harmonization of trade strategy, talent development, processes and systems/tools across the enterprise.
- Coordinate APAC regional implementation of Corporate Policies and Procedures for Trade Governance, Trade Compliance and Trade Operations, and Corporate Compliance Policy
- Manage Trade Governance Audit Program in APAC
- Be the leader of APAC international trade network, communicate with country ITC to share information from global, provide regional case study and collect report for future data analysis.
- Ensure regional deployment of C-TPAT, AEO and other security programs. Provide system and security support to regional teams.
- Implement processes for trade compliance regulation watch and advocacy, at regional level.
- Implement and manage regional compliance training.
- Provide regional trade compliance IT system and security support.
- Leverage global classification system for import and export classification at regional level.
- Ensure regional implementation of global trade Governance procedures for import, export and export control process (embargo), including escalation for denied blocks investigation, export license management, and deemed exports, etc.
- Provide oversight for non-commercial material flow, such as R&D materials and samples.
- Act as primary point of contact in Customs inquires and audits
- Foreign Trade Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of import/export processes in main APAC countries
- Experience working throughout APAC countries
- Knowledge of APAC FTA, duty suspension and exemption program. Identify duty optimization opportunity and implementation project of improvement.
- Knowledge of US EAR. Must know HTS and ECCN classification and license requirements.
- Minimum five years of experience supervising trade governance and compliance roles.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt is preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP GTS and SAP HANA
- Knowledge of trade compliance information systems, security programs and global best practices.
- Good negotiation, influence and conflict resolution skills.
- Project management skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Fluent, speech and writing, in English
- At least 10 years’ experience in Customs Compliance