Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow whats next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
Corteva Agrisciences is seeking a Field execution lead to join our team in Woodland, California. In this role, you will use your agronomy experience to act as an integral member of our field execution team.
The Field Execution lead will be responsible for managing the agronomy efforts of the Woodland Research Center with primary focus on agronomic activities necessary to reliably produce high quality data, seed and maintenance of specialty crops for the research organization.
What you will do:
- Coordinate and organize resources to execute crop protection activities; vegetable transplants, trees maintenance, responsible for Crop protection equipment maintenance.
- Coordinate fertilization and fertigation programs based on sample test from soil.
- Coordinate all the irrigations based on protocols and be responsible for all the well water protocols.
- Coordinate general planning and implementation of land preparation activities related to planting including ArcGIS flagging, ripping, disking, perfecta, cultivating, etc. Responsible for all tractors, implements, and farm machinery. Able to plan and give detailed instructions to all tractor operators to ensure timely execution of land preparation.
- Coordinate all planting activities on the farm. Coordinate planting details and scheduling with research projects to ensure timely and effective planting of all material to ensure highest quality output. Responsible for all planting equipment inventory and maintenance.
- Coordinate cultivation practices in all fields. Plan and organize cultivation schedule and fertilizer inventory maintenance.
- Coordinate and propose the internal Agronomy research of the station.
- Perform activities in correlation to the projects; dumping and burial of plant material following regulatory guidelines. Be a backup for management of GPS devices, drive and operate, tractors, Back hoe, Mini loader, Combines, sprayers, etc.
- Coordinate farm machinery inventory, cleanliness, and overall condition of tractors, and other equipment. Keep track of necessary repairs and maintain excellent communication with Maintenance Coordinator. Ensure proper training for all operators and safe working condition of the equipment. Timely reporting of deficiencies or safety concerns and requirement to enforce proper care of company assets.
- Coordinate the maintenance and operation all equipment and work vehicles in proper and safe working condition. Ensure you have completed all corresponding trainings before operating machines. PPE is used in compliance with Pioneer protocols and labels; ensure compliance in all operations.
- Communication: Provide input to Agronomy Research Associates and assist in short term planning related with field execution. Keep an effective communication with project managers to determine needs.
- Coordinate and work with the site lead with the purchasing and allocation of all Crop Protection/ Land Prep materials and maintain safe and functional storage within the inventory location. Maintain inventory on all materials to ensure each season is prepared for the desired work.
- Work with contractors to conduct projects directed towards farm Maintenance, Crop Protection as well as other Agronomy tasks. This will entail to conducting contractor safety trainings, communication within contractor and Pioneer management and administrative assistants, monthly reports to safety manager and invoices billing per project.
- Complete personal development activities as part of a performance management and development plan
- Ability to recruit, manage and retain personnel reporting to its position
What expertise have you grown? What is required from you?
- Masters Degree in Agronomy, Natural Science or related fields OR minimum of 5 years equivalent industry-related experience.
- Keep in mind, equivalent amounts of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the above requirements
- Spanish is a plus
- Knowledge and experience working with corn, sun flowers, trees and vegetables is strongly preferred
- Experience in crop protection and specialty application is preferred
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, and the ability to work independently without constant supervision
- Understanding of farm machinery and equipment operation and basic maintenance.
- Organizational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and priorities, and meet deadlines with accurate, quality, and professional results.
- Ability to communicate, read, and interprets protocols in English and carries out tasks in the absence of supervision.
- Ability to work with others in a team setting and of diverse cultural backgrounds and languages.
- Tolerance and ability to work in an outdoor over 100-degree agriculture setting in various field conditions.
- Able to work under flexible schedule (including evenings, weekends and holidays) based on the business needs.
- Tolerance and ability to repeatedly stand and walk and work on their feet, bend, kneel, or crouch for prolonged periods.
- Ability to occasionally lift 25 to 50 lbs.
- Proficient in the use of computers with basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, Excel Spreadsheet and ArcMap GIS,.
- Valid drivers license and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Participate in improvement of safety programs and protocols (safety, efficiency, effectiveness.
- Provides support for all other projects at the location as needed.
Promotes a positive work attitude and cultivates harmonious relations.
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Lets peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!