Do you possess 5+ years progressive experience in facility maintenance, safety programs and capital project management? Do you have experience in plant operations, engineering and electrical, mechanical, pneumatic systems maintenance? Are you safety focused with the ability to build a culture of safety? Do you like making and seeing an immediate impact from your efforts? If so, AND, you have excellent communication skills, we want to hear from you!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Plant Engineer will be responsible for a variety of day to day plant operations including partnering on the safety program, overseeing new machinery installation, training, housekeeping oversite, maintenance and ongoing machinery management. The Plant Engineer will be the main contact and manager of the capital planning process for the facility and will be involved in a variety of project and process improvements.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- A professional individual with strong leadership and organization skills
- Ability to create and lead a cultural focus on safety
- A team player who excels at building relationships and encourages staff growth and development
- A creative individual with experience in all aspects of plant operations with an eye for efficient production methods and an understanding of best practices
- Prioritizing multiple tasks for the best production efficiencies
- Motivating and creating a unified team of approximately 50+ employees
- Ability to efficiently manage machinery installation projects
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and changing work environment
- Ability to implement and oversee company policy in regard to worker safety and housekeeping standards
- Strong project management skills including large-scale capital improvement projects
- Strong process implementation and management skills
- Experience working with a diverse workforce
- MS Office computer skills
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- A hands-on approach to problem-solving machinery maintenance
- An individual with a high level of integrity, who will represent the Company well
- A relationship building individual that can communicate strong production organizational skills
- Connecting effectively with suppliers, customers and co-workers
- Process focused and honoring
- Partnering with others to achieve the same goal
- Enthusiasm for creating a positive attitude in the work environment
- 5+ years experience in facility maintenance, project management and team management
- Experience in feed operations
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or relevant trade certification/s (preferred)
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Lead by example. This is a hands-on role.
- On-site project manager for new capital equipment and project improvements.
- Responsible for process review and improvements.
- Overseeing all equipment preventive maintenance, repairs, upgrades and future capital needs for the facility.
- Being responsible for managing and updating all plant Quality and Safety process programs (HACCP, FSSC 22,000, QA manual, plant procedures, etc.) as outlined in the Wilbur- Ellis Quality Management system.
- Being responsible for all aspects of plant and employee safety as outlined in the Wilbur- Ellis Environmental, Health, and Safety Management System.
- Follow all safety, regulatory, and administrative policies and procedures.
- Meet and complete all WECO regulatory safety requirements.
- Make sure equipment passes safety inspections.
- Able to work and contribute to a team approach with a positive attitude and outlook.
- Safe operation of company equipment.
- Maintain equipment maintenance records.
- Create and lead training sessions and meetings when necessary.
- Present a professional image to our customers through personal appearance and overall location cleanliness.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management professionally and efficiently
- Oversee overall location safety and housekeeping plans and managment.