Requisition ID: 1300
The Region Product Specialist provides technical and feature knowledge of CLAAS products to various audiences. Performs comparisons to competitive equipment and demonstrates CLAAS equipment. The position provides product training for dealers, customers, and other employees.
This role will support a specified Sales Region and company Product Department for multiple product lines.
- Communicates technical and feature knowledge of CLAAS products to dealers, end-users, internal personnel, and others as required.
- Understands and works with precision farming products-GPS steering, mapping, telematics, etc.
- Sets up and demonstrates CLAAS equipment as requested and needed.
- Performs field evaluation of CLAAS and competitive equipment and formulates feature/pricing comparisons.
- Partners with the COA Sales Organization to recommend feature improvements in order to effectively support product sales.
- Leads and participates in internal and external training programs.
- Adheres to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations and standards.
- Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
Note:This position includes extensive domestic and international travel by auto and air (during harvest, expect 80-100%); valid driver's license with an acceptable driving history & passport is required.
- Schedules activities such as dealer calls, demonstrations, customer visits, farm shows, and participates in open houses and training sessions in coordination with the sales organization.
- Report activities on a regularly scheduled basis to the management team.
- Other tasks as assigned or required by management to support region activities.
- Bachelors' degree in Ag Business, Ag Engineering or closely related field preferred, not required, or equivalent work experience or equivalent experience - Agricultural based study, a plus.
- 2-4 years' related work experience, preferred.
- Ability to communicate technical information, both written and orally, using English and French language - French Language ability to C1 level (Business Proficiency).
- Agriculture equipment background with experience in operation, maintenance, and repair or Agricultural Equipment preferred.
- Ability to analyze agricultural equipment performance issues and quickly identify resolutions.
- Excellent technical communication skills in both written and oral form with excellent interpersonal skills / ability to speak to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proficient in the use of diagnostic tools (Elec. and Hyd.), including computer-based tools.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume workload in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop and pick up objects.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Ability to see well enough to use a computer and work documents.
- Ability to see, hear and speak well enough to use a telephone, computer and cell phone, and to present and explain product details to customers.
- Ability to drive vehicle for extended periods of time.
Primarily dealership and field environments with vehicle and possible airline travel at times. Working conditions may include exposure to poor weather and road conditions, and will vary dependent upon geographical area.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.