Requisition ID: 1307
Work for an industry leading company that recognizes the values of its employees! Competitive compensation and benefits packages.
The Parts Manager establishes and oversees the daily parts operations for an Ag dealer Parts Department by promoting and selling parts to all customers while providing excellent customer service. The Parts Manager directs and manages a team of associates to ensure quality of work and service while utilizing the highest level of customer service.
- Develops and maintains effective Parts Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
- Manages a balanced inventory consistent with the requirements of the service department and over the counter customers.
- Manages parts business to working capital, budget review targets
- Works with vendors to maintain the best pricing and discounts.
- Fills and put together customer and shop parts orders as needed.
- Oversees the process and stock order parts.
- Oversees process returns from shop and customers.
- In cooperation with local management and North America Human Resources, hires, trains, develops, and appraises staff effectively. Identify employees' skills and develops them by coaching and counseling on a regular basis. Conducts performance appraisals on time and provides continual feedback on performance. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policies. Work with the North America Human Resource Department to handle disciplinary matters, grievance resolutions, and other personnel related issues.
- Ensures compliance to business practices, ethics, and safety.
- Ensures a high level of customer service performance by all employees.
- Adheres to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations and standards.
- Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
- Assists subordinates in all areas of the parts department operations during peak season as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in related field preferred, but not required.
- 3-5 years parts or parts sales and / or counter experience desired.
- Working knowledge of CLAAS parts a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret parts and machine schematics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both technically and professionally.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Warehouse experience preferred.
- Farm background desirable.
- Available for limited travel for training and possible assistance at other retail locations.
- Ability to safely operate forklift and other large machinery / must be able to pass and maintain a valid forklift certification.
- Valid driver's license with a verifiable safe driving history / ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and tact. Proven follow-through skills.
- Ability to multi-task and follow through with defined tasks.
- Ability to project positive self and company image.
- Strong English language skills, French and German skills a plus.
- Ability to patiently handle multiple tasks at one time and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle stressful situations professionally; the ability to exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and maintaining constructive working relationships.
- Ability to travel. May require overnight travel and weekend or evening work.
- Ability to see, hear and speak well enough to use a telephone, computer and cell phone, and to present and explain product details to customers.
- Ability to drive vehicle for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Follows all safety rules, regulations and policies.
- Ability to bend, stoop and pick up objects.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds frequently, 50 pounds occasionally.
- Typical dealership/office/warehouse environment. Occasional vehicle or airline travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.