|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
The Manufacturing Engineer - Test & Fixtures is responsible for the implementation and management of production testing, startup, and fluid fill processes. In addition, this position will develop and implement manufacturing strategies that align with CLAAS global initiatives.
Main Accountabilities and Essential Functions
· Supports all testing, filling, first time startup, and in-line check processes.
· Develops and implements global testing processes to address machine functional changes.
· Actively integrates with colleagues of sister plants to maintain appropriate commonality of testing processes.
· Serves as CLAAS global representative for testing of products in the North America.
· Programs test scripts to ensure all specifications are met.
· Quotes and procures necessary equipment related to functionality testing.
· Responsible for overall improvements to current testing process.
· Provides technical support for electrics and hydraulic assembly.
· Responsible for development and implementation of lift and assembly fixtures.
· Responsible for capital expenditures related to area of responsibility.
· Adheres to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follows and supports compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations and standards.
· Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
· Interfaces Omaha and overseas technical groups to plan, organizes and implement global manufacturing strategies.
· Plans and implements efficiency improvement projects.
· Provides technical support for COL assembly personnel as needed.
· Responsible for the creation and maintenance of time studies.
· Responsible for the creation and maintenance of Standard Work Instructions.
· Other tasks as assigned or required by management.
· Bachelors' degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent related field experience, preferred.
· Minimum of 3-5 years industrial manufacturing experience, preferred.
· Proven strong project management skills.
· Familiar with SAP routing, item master, and warehousing functions, preferred.
· Ability to carry out detailed analysis using Excel and SAP data output.
· Ability to learn SAP functions related to a wide range of business processes.
· Experience with complex bill of materials with ability to read and manipulate.
· Proficient computer skills including SAP (preferred), Excel, Autocad, Powerpoint, E-mail, and MS Word.
· Excellent problem analysis and problem solving skill set.
· Data experience: Standards and prints.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Farm background and experience working with external vendors desirable.
· Must be able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume workload in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail. l.