Requisition ID: 1274
The CWHC General Manager (GM) is responsible for the sustained growth and profitability of a multi-store Agriculture Machinery Dealership chain within the assigned territory. The position drives the steady development of the dealerships and consistently ensures a high level of customer support and service. The GM has the necessary competencies to effectively manage multi-retail locations and is responsible for overall business results including, but not limited to: cultivating processes to support whole goods sales of new & used machinery, service sales, parts sales, inventory management, accounting & finance functions, management of dealership personnel, and safety.
- · Progressively manages the continued development of business processes to grow profitable Ag Dealership retail stores.
- · Responsible for the utilization of competencies to continually build and develop personnel in a flexible and functional multi-location organization.
- · Responsible for retail revenues, as well as defining and implementing standards and methods for tactical growth in cooperation with CLAAS North America leadership.
- · Ensures control and management of operating expenses, including budget responsibility.
- · Manages after sales support to CWHC / CLAAS retail customer base, ensures after sales service is above peer groups, "Best in Class."
- · Analyzes and identifies gaps and develops / implements appropriate strategies with the intention of strengthening, optimizing, and expanding business options.
- · Acts as a change agent to align and execute business decisions and / or relationships in accordance to the North America business strategy.
- · Performs "go to market" analysis of business regions with the intention of aggressively increasing market penetration and brand awareness.
- · Monitors appropriate CWHC / CLAAS branding and corporate identity within CWHC / CLAAS Retail to ensure that the brand image is successfully transported into the market with maximum impact.
- · In cooperation with North America Human Resources, hires, trains, develops, and appraises staff effectively. Identify employees' skills and develops them by coaching and counseling on a regular basis. Conducts performance appraisals timely and provides continual feedback on performance. Takes timely corrective action as necessary and in accordance with company policies. Works with the North America Human Resource Department to handle disciplinary matters, grievance resolutions, and other personnel related issues.
- · Ensures direct reports are compliant to all local, regional, and country laws in relation to business practices, employment and safety.
- · Adheres to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follows and supports compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations and standards.
- · Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
- Note: This position includes frequent travel by auto; valid driver's license with a verifiable safe driving history is required. May require overnight travel and weekend or evening work.
- · Responsible for continuous improvement processes and supporting related organizational development projects.
- · Other tasks or projects as assigned by management.
- SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- · Bachelors' degree in Business Administration, Ag Economics, or related field desired, or equivalent work experience. Masters' in Business Administration, preferred, not required.
- · Minimum of 7-10 years' of related work experience in running and growing retail operations within relevant industry sectors.
- · Excellent sales / networking and negotiation capability with the innate ability to persuade and influence others.
- · Business and sales minded with practical industry experience and knowledge of captive dealer network, required.
- · Experience and proven success in optimizing dealer performance and network impact and sales growth.
- · Strong understanding parts and service department functions and how they contribute to store profitability and customer satisfaction.
- · Strategically minded, process driven, analytical change agent and decision maker with a clear vision and the ability to implement improvement measures directly affecting dealer performance.
- · Minimum of five years' leading both exempt and non-exempt level employees; experience in team supervision and management as well as training and staff development; demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others. Ability to give employee feedback in verbal and written form succinctly and timely.
- · Exceptional project management skills with a strong track record of success in managing multiple projects.
- · Excellent change management skills - enjoys new challenges, displays pro-active behavior, self-motivated and ownership of tasks.
- · Ability to effectively conduct presentations / public speaking.
- · Proven ability to successfully launch new product lines into market.
- · Proven customer relationship management skills.
- · Ability to read and interpret financial statements.
- · Knowledge of local, regional and national regulations for business practices, employment, and safety.
- · Farm background preferred, not required.
- · Strong PC skills including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- · Valid driver's license required with verifiable safe driving history.
- · Strong English language skills, French and/or German skills a plus.
- · Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- · Ability to bend, stoop, and pick up objects.
- · Ability to lift up to 10 pounds frequently.
- · Ability to see well enough to use a computer and work documents.
- · Ability to see, hear, and speak well enough to use a telephone, computer, and cell phone, and to present and explain product details to customers.
- · Ability to drive vehicle for extended periods of time.
Dealership environment with frequent vehicle travel. May require overnight travel and weekend or evening work; valid driver's license is required. Some air travel may also be required, as well as a passport. Working conditions may include exposure to poor weather and road conditions, and will vary dependent upon geographical area.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.