Requisition ID: 1319
The Branch Sales Manager is responsible for the establishment, growth, and profitability of the branch; driving a steady growth of the branch and ensuring a high level of customer service. The position is responsible for business results including: sales growth, parts sales, service, inventory, administration, personnel, and safety. The position is tasked with establishing processes to support sales of new and used machinery, parts, service, and administration.
- Grows branch revenues.
- Responsible for the utilization of competencies to build and develop a team in a flexible and functional branch.
- Oversight of after sales support retail customer base, ensure after sales service is above the competition.
- Analyzes and identifies gaps and develops / implements strategies with the intention of strengthening, optimizing, and expanding business options.
- Performs market analysis of business for branch with the intention of increasing market penetration and brand awareness.
- Monitors appropriate CLAAS/CWHC branding and corporate identity within branch to ensure that the brand image is successfully transported into the market with maximum impact.
- In cooperation with General Manager and North America Human Resources Department, hires, trains, develops, and appraises staff effectively. Identify employees' skills and develops them by coaching and counseling on a regular basis. Conducts performance appraisals timely and provides continual feedback on performance. Take timely corrective action as necessary and in accordance with company policies. Works with the General Manager and North America Human Resources Department to handle disciplinary matters, grievance resolutions, and other personnel related issues.
- Ensures direct reports are compliant to all local, province, and country laws in relation to business practices, employment and safety.
- Adheres to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follows and supports compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations and standards.
- Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
Other projects as assigned by the General Manager.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Ag Economics or related field experience, desired.
- Minimum of 5 years' of experience in running and growing retail operations within relevant industry sectors.
- Advanced experience in team supervision / management to include training and staff development.
- Excellent sales skills. Strong networking and negotiation skills. Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Proven ability to effectively manage a branch environment while supporting customer driven directives.
- Business and Sales minded individual with practical industry experience.
- Knowledge of captive dealer networks.
- Experience and proven success in optimizing dealer performance and growth.
- Proven ability to successfully launch new product lines into market.
- Strong proven customer service skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations professionally and patiently; well organized and disciplined with ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting critical deadlines.
- Strong ability to exhibit professionalism in dealing with others and maintaining constructive working relationships.
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements, a plus.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, above average small group presentation skills, ability to maintain confidentiality and tact while projecting a positive self and company image. Proven follow-through skills.
- Farm background desired.
- Strong PC skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver's license required with verifiable safe driving history.
- Ability to travel. May require overnight travel and weekend or evening work in season.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop and pick up objects.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Ability to see well enough to use a computer and work documents.
- Ability to see, hear and speak well enough to use a telephone, computer and cell phone, and to present and explain product details to customers.
- Ability to drive vehicle for extended periods of time.
Dealership environment with vehicle and airline travel. Working conditions may include exposure to poor weather and road conditions, and will vary dependent upon geographical area.