Position Summary: The CEO/GM is responsible for overall leadership and execution of the vision and mission as set forth by the Board of Directors (BOD). The GM will focus on the short- and long-term growth, gross volumes, gross margin and net margins of the business. Work collaboratively in executing our growth strategies, accelerating new product development, and expansion opportunities while delivering year-over-year EBITDA improvement through continuous improvement and cost reduction. Manages all divisions and general projects to deliver products and programs on time with high quality and exceeding profitability. Identify new expansion opportunities within our market and share of wallet. Consistently grow the business by building great relationships within the local and regional business space, with current customers and identifying and closing business with new opportunities and partnerships.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strategic execution of BOD vision and mission for the Co-op, reporting process and function to the BOD, and formally responsible for leading and implementing BOD policy
- Responsible for lender relations, short- and long-term credit, negotiations, finance recommendations and evaluations
- Responsible for lines of business growth and year-over-year profitability improvement with full P&L, balance sheet, asset utilization and budget responsibilities
- Direct, coach, and develop sales, marketing, operational and management teams to deliver results and support growth expectations
- Drive best-in-class culture through overall organizational leadership
- Lead management team and BOD in developing new opportunities and new markets
- Develop strategic plan and lead in plan execution for meeting Vision and Mission, includes evaluation of all physical and capital asset utilization, project proposals, and leadership, communication and rationalization to the BOD and evaluation and recommendation for all Co-op services and products
- Engage in strategies to determine acquisition opportunities and support of acquisition integrations
- Responsible for strategic decisions on viability of product lines, profitability reviews, locations, growth opportunities, new markets, talent, etc.
- Visionary to execute marketing strategies, including market segmentation, value proposition development, product positioning, pricing strategy, branding strategy, channel strategy, and communication strategy development.
- Implement metrics processes to monitor the effective utilization of assets and resources and performance based reviews
- Execute a growth process featuring set metrics, a common language, processes and tools required from concept to commercialization.
- Successfully managed remote locations and experienced in operating in a regional environment
- Prior sales and operational management experience with multi-faceted agricultural business required
- Proven experience in expanding business into adjacency market spaces
- Proven successful management of $30 to $50 MM cooperative or ag business structure with full P&L responsibilities, budgeting, and strategic planning
- BS/BA degree, preferably in Agriculture, Ag Business, Ag Engineering, Ag Econ or equivalent; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Ag Business Management preferred; multiple location and cooperative structure management experience preferred