HOP04994 Salt BOSC FP&A Lead
Position Purpose & Summary
The Salt BOSC Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Lead is the senior financial member of the Operations and Supply Chain Leadership Team and is a critical business partner for that team, ensuring necessary financial rigor and analytics are effectively in place for the team?s planning process. The BOSC FP&A lead is an active partner in the development of the operations and supply chain strategy, sets clear financially focused targets for the business, ensures effective deployment of capital within the business, and ultimately in partnership with the rest of the Group BOSC Leadership Team ensures and is accountable for the achievement of financials results and creation of value for Cargill.
The BOSC FP&A Lead will have a strong commercial mindset, supported with deep financial insight. This role will have a clear, communicated view on the operations and supply chain needs of the business and, together with Accounting & Finance (A&F), will partner and influence the leadership of the operations and supply chain teams with financial rigor and analytics.
60% Financial Planning & Analysis
- Leads the financial planning and forecasting processes for the operations and supply chain aspects of the business, understands key commercial drivers of results (e.g. energy, mix/production swings, volume vs rate, etc.) as well as controllable and uncontrollable (e.g. macro-economic) factors impacting the business
- Actively supports and provides financial leadership to the tactical supply & demand planning as well as Integrated Business Planning (IBP) processes, working collaboratively with BOSC, A&F, and the market and IBP FP&A tags. Understands planned volumes, related costs, as well as manufacturing and supply chain variances; ensures business teams are briefed as necessary to understand and resolve key variances.
- Understands how manufacturing activities drive operating costs as well as customer value. Identifies the drivers of Salt?s cost position and the levers for improving it. Collaborate with A&F to determine the true profitability of major products and customer segments.
- Ensures clear linkage between BOSC performance metrics and financial results and develops new KPIs if necessary. Understands how the business benchmarks itself on critical KPIs, internally and externally. Works within the BOSC team to take necessary action to address under performance. Develops approach for monthly BOSC financial performance discussions and works with A&F to deliver.
- Collaborates with Capital Excellence team to ensure financial and strategic rigor in capital portfolio. Reviews and approves base capital projects and significant non-capex related initiatives.
- Provides MADJV analytical support for operations and supply chain.
- Focus management on most critical risks and opportunities; understands how to win in markets served by the business and drives actions necessary to achieve this.
- Provides financial and change leadership by actively participating in high level business strategy planning. Provides necessary support to accomplish plans/strategy. Define key budget assumptions, leading the top-down process working with the regional BOSC Leaders.
- Delivers clear presentations including defending positions on controversial topics, adapt style to continuously seek ?win win? solutions.
40% Business Partnership and Leveraging of Resources
- Provides broad knowledge of and develops the right relationships with BOSC functions for areas such as CSSP (procurement), CTL (transportations and logistics), Continuous Improvement, Manufacturing Excellence, Supply Chain Planning and others.
- Partners closely with the cross-business/functional senior managers to play an active role in enhancing connectivity and communication.
- Able to drive the behavior, results or agenda needed for the business. Has a point of view and communicates it effectively thus influencing colleagues by supporting them, challenging them, providing unique perspective and delivering value.
- Partner closely and leverage the Accounting and Finance teams, including Management Information & Decision Support (MIDS), for key information points including historical reporting and data collection. May include activities related to cost accounting, margin reporting, analysis of data and management reports, activity based costing or cost allocation to products and customers, management reports generation, etc.
- Champions the Finance Transformation by relying on the Accounting & Finance organization to produce accurate and timely financial and management The FP&A lead is not directly responsible for data collection processes, producing budgets, reports or forecasts. This requires an effective relationship with the Accounting and Finance teams.
Education, Experience, Skills <
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
Job Post Date: 04/07/19