|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
Position Purpose & Summary
Briefly explain the general purpose of the position.
Responsible for applying full knowledge of Health and Safety (H&S) practices and standards. Provides knowledge of moderately complex issues, solutions and problems through the following areas of focus: development and implementation of H&S strategy, maintenance and continuous improvement of H&S results, shaping of the internal H&S culture and management of the external EHS brand. H&S Senior Professional provides full knowledge of H&S practices and standards across all H&S areas or within a specific area of focus (e.g., compliance, audit).
Describe in detail 4-5 major position responsibilities/duties, not tasks, listing the most important first.
No duty should have a percentage less than 5% and all duties should add to 100%
50% Develop & Implement EHS Strategy:
• Under direction of more senior team members, assesses moderately complex Health and Safety risks and opportunities using full knowledge of H&S practices and standards (including current and short-term future regulatory requirements) and potential impacts on stakeholder (customer, community, interest groups, employees) priorities, or enterprise/ business/location strategy.
• Supports efforts to ensure deep understanding and achieve support of the approved H&S strategy, or relevant parts of the approved H&S strategy, from internal and external partners and stakeholders.
o Internally, this includes contributing to collaboration with a variety of other functions.
o Externally, this may include contributing efforts to educate and to negotiate approvals or permits with regulating bodies, develop support among stakeholders including community or activist groups, customers, unions, and the media community, and work with external consultants.
• Leads or assists in the development of programs and processes involving interpretation and variation to execute EHS strategy in a manner appropriate to the technology, scope and maturity of the team/area.
• Frequently, benchmarks internally and externally to identify best practices of others, consistent with and in support of the H&S strategy, that can be applied effectively.
• With minimal supervision, identifies and implements changes to support continuous improvement of moderately complex Environment, Health and Safety programs and processes.
25% Maintain and Continuously Improve H&S Results:
• With limited supervision, analyzes moderately complex processes and data to identify trends and isolate root causes. Supports process to ensure that appropriate follow-up actions are being implemented.
• Through existing systems, enters complex and varied measures and data according to corporate and BU EHS standards.
• Monitors and anticipates short-term change in the external environment, including regulations, science, and stakeholder positioning.
• Assesses applicability and impact within and beyond immediate scope of responsibility. Provides recommendation on tactics to address/support change.
15% Participate and/or lead Corporate H&S Audits:
• Provides operational/tactical leadership to moderately complex EHS audit, inspection and risk assessment processes.
• With limited supervision, adopts H&S auditing and risk assessment standards and expands as appropriate.
• Using full knowledge of H&S practices and standards, reviews and analyzes audit results requiring some interpretation, to confirm that the corporate, business and government H&S standards are met.
10% Shape Internal EHS Culture:
• Builds effective working relationships with senior-level employees in order to obtain/sustain a strong Health and Safety culture.
• Supports leaders to implement moderately complex portions of internal communications strategy for key audiences that builds and maintains awareness of Health and Safety values, strategies, and performance; shares best practices and key learnings; develops talent; and recognizes high performance.
• Supports leaders to promote proactive workplace Health and Safety practices. Using full knowledge of H&S practices and standards, provides technical, regulatory and behavioral consultation and support required to build a strong H&S culture.
• Designs and delivers moderately complex training solutions related to Health and Safety issues, practices and risks. Requires full knowledge of H&S practices and standards.
• With limited direction from more senior team members, develops and implements recognition programs to acknowledge positive
behavior and celebrate successes on topics of Health and Safety.
Education, Experience, Skills
In bulleted statements, indicate the education, experience and skills for this position. Education includes formal education, certifications, accreditations, etc. Skills include applied knowledge and technical skills directly related to this position. Also include other specific requirements such as environmental conditions, physical effort, shift requirements, travel requirements, etc. Indicate only the actual MINIMUM REQUIRED qualifications. Other items should be listed in the "preferred qualifications" section.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• High School Degree or GED
• H&S Manager level experience
• Project & Contractor management experience.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION