|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
This role will be charged with leading a talented group of craftspeople and supervisors in the ingoing pursuit of reliability and proactive maintenance. It will have as much focus on tomorrow's asset health as it does on yesterday's downtime. This facility produces fresh ground beef products as safely and efficiently as possible while meeting all corporate, customer, and government requirements. The customer base of retailers have high profile brands to whom brand protection and assured supply are critical - thereby making the reliability of facility assets foundational to business success. This role also requires a high degree of collaboration with Operations, Technical Services, Finance and Human Resources to effectively serve our customers, employees, community, and the overall corporation.
40% - Reliability and Maintenance Leadership:
• Using established guidelines and protocols, supervises preventative maintenance and reliability activities. Interfaces and coordinates with other departments, personnel facility management, contractors, community and local regulators to ensure asset health and availability.
• In accordance with BU/plant maintenance and reliability strategies, standards and practices provides clear instruction and direction and participates in routine ongoing maintenance activities and recordkeeping to ensure asset health and adherence to guidelines, codes, regulations, requirements and overall production quality.
• Provides clear instruction, direction and participates in the execution of routine repair procedures and tasks to ensure compliance with the fundamental plant reliability strategies, standards and practices including safe work practices.
• Monitors repairs through systems and controls (i.e. CMMS) to ensure work orders and requests are executed in accordance to established work flow.
• Reviews and assists in analyzing maintenance/reliability metrics and performance. Supports audit compliances, root cause analysis processes within the maintenance team, which includes tracking and reporting on established metrics (i.e. Asset Health, Total Maintenance Cost/RAV, Backlog, and audit compliance).
30% - Training & Support, Best Practices Application
• Maintains and applies consistent maintenance and reliability best practices (i.e. safety programs, routine safety audits, RCM methodology and FMEA to determine optimum defect elimination strategies)
• Developing knowledge of and is responsible for gaining awareness of the latest innovations, technology and trends for maintenance and reliability practices.
• Identifies training opportunities, needs and facilitates training sessions for maintenance personnel, focusing on skills training and development, safety practices and work standards.
• Supports operations by identifying and reviewing failures, downtime and lost production and partners with more senior team members to identify opportunities to improve reliability and/or determine acceptable risk tolerance for assets.
• Promotes a culture that builds, operates and maintains plants that are operationally sound, safe and reliable. Focuses on improving work execution practice to ensure the right work is being done right.
20% - People and Budget Management
• Responsible for the people management of the maintenance department including recruiting, retention, development and engagement of team
• Responsible for the appropriate scheduling and delegation of activities for a team of maintenance & reliability employees and 3rd party contractors.
• help managing the maintenance budget. Has responsibility for a subset of cost control of repairs and maintenance and also maintenance labor and parts.
10% - Project Planning, Contractor/Vendor Management
• Manages ongoing maintenance and reliability related projects (i.e. asset reliability and defect elimination) utilizing general knowledge of maintenance and reliability practices and procedures
• Participates in capital project planning, maintainability design, cost estimation, tracking and payback justification.
• Assists and provides recommendations on selection of contractors/vendors. Supports maintenance vendor issues and contract administration.