HOP04995 Integrated Business Planning FP&A Lead
Position Purpose & Summary
The job of the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) FP&A Lead will include activities that are value creation focused and forward looking such as providing the insight necessary to create and drive actions across the value chain. This role will lead the finance team?s efforts for the IBP process and the Portfolio Management process. This role should be an active participant in setting targets, linking financial metrics to operating metrics, and ensuring operational plans are aligned within the Salt Group. The position will work with Accounting and Finance (A&F) and the rest of the business to produce accurate and timely information to make better planning decisions.The IBP FP&A role will be expected to relate to others with candor and challenge others positions to stimulate thought and make sure the best decision is being made for the Cargill Salt Group.
60% Financial Planning & Analysis
- Lead the monthly financial planning and forecasting process as it relates to the IBP function of the Salt Group, coordinating finance efforts to ensure driver-based forecasts that align financial an operational targets.
- Serve as an integral link between the supply chain and commercial channels (supply and demand). Effectively differentiate between controllable and uncontrollable (macro-economic) factors impacting the business, proactively working with both supply chain and market leadership to develop actionable plans to navigate those factors.
- Actively champion the IBP process, providing financial leadership as the link between supply and demand, with the goal to ultimately drive actions that provide the highest return to Cargill. Work collaboratively with commercial teams in the supply chain as well as sales channels to align on planned volumes, related revenue/cogs tradeoffs and their financial impact to the business.
- Establish necessary performance metrics to include in IBP. Understand how the business benchmarks itself on critical KPIs, internally and externally and proactively collaborate with key stakeholders to address under performance.
- Serve as Finance Lead on the Salt Group?s Portfolio Management Team, ensuring the health of the portfolio against strategic and financial goals. Identifies issues and risks, then works with the Portfolio Management lead to develop options to address.
- Support and track continuous improvement efforts across the group
- Effectively understand, translate, and provide insight into business performance against competitor and industry trends?strong understanding of ?how to win? in the markets served by the business.
- Communicate with impact, delivering clear presentations including defending positions on controversial topics, effectively influencing up, down and across the organization in a quest to continuously seek ?win win? solutions.
40% Business Partnership and Leveraging of Resources
- Partners closely with COE and cross business/functional senior managers to play an active role in enhancing connectively and communication.
- Able to drive the right behaviors, results or agendas needed for the business. Has a point of view and communicates it effectively thus influencing colleagues by supporting them, challenging them and providing a unique perspective to deliver value.
- Partner closely with and leverage the Accounting and Finance (A&F) teams for key information points including historical reporting and data collection. May include activities related to cost accounting, margin reporting, analysis of data and management reports, management report generation, etc.
- Champion the Finance Transformation as well as the Salt Group Operating Model by fostering an effective relationship with all levels of both organizations and fully utilizing the synergies provided by both organizations.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other Business related degree
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience
- English Proficiency
- Demonstrate strong business acumen. Able to understand the business (products/services, customers, processes) and their key drivers of success (how they make money, what the business costs are).
- Ability to integrate and interpret disparate sources of data using broad range of analytical data tools. Incorporates use of statistical methodology and predictive modeling techniques. Design, develop and implement value-added business analytics.
- Demonstrates high degree of curiosity.
- Invest time and energy into learning.
- Seeks different points of view and perspectives (internal and external).
- Relates to others with candor, openness, and transparency
- Builds trust across multiple stakeholder groups
- Experience and success in motivating cross functional teams for high performance
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
Job Post Date: 04/07/19