Job Purpose and Impact
The Grain Marketing Professional will, with guidance of the local team, help sell the company's portfolio of technical and nontechnical products and represent the critical link between customers, commercial accounts and the company's customer facing strategy.
Relocation will be provided for candidates outside the Calgary Metropolitan area.
- Develop and maintain relationships with farm clients and providing personalized marketing advise.
- Focus on competitively positioning commodity offers in local cash markets to efficiently source them through our processing facilities while focusing on maximizing profitability for both customers and the company.
- Deliver grain marketing services program directly to farm clients helping them make better grain marketing decisions
- Create and execute risk management strategies quickly and efficiently
- Develop a deep understanding of the basic market access needs desired by customers in the segment and work to quickly adapt to changes in these needs with shifts in local cash markets.
- Collaborate with internal sales, merchandising, customer service and operations teams to meet customer needs efficiently and in a manner which is tightly linked to regional and local cash market strategies.
- Enable an efficient and effective customer experience through utilizing our systems and digital offerings.
- Consistently identify and communicate customer insights back into the business unit that can be utilized to create and enhance standardized customer segment value propositions, as well as overall business strategy development.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma/certificate or bachelor’s degree (Agriculture, Agribusiness, Economic, Finance, or Business) in a related field or equivalent experience
- Understanding of basic production agriculture principles
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- General knowledge of grain marketing
- Sales or consulting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Possess a valid Canadian driver’s licence in good standing authorizing you to drive independently during your employment.
- Able to travel and be on farm on a day-to-day basis
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience
- Experience working with farmers
Interested in joining our Team? Submit your application by clicking on APPLY TO THIS POSITION.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.