|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
The Corporate Engineering Lead: Piping, Mechanical, Equipment applies advanced knowledge of piping, mechanical, and equipment engineering disciplines to:
• Lead the development and ongoing improvement of Cargill's shared engineering content including representation in SmartPlant.
• Lead the application of shared engineering content across MTs, Regions and Facilities. Assists build project teams' and existing facilities with the application of the shared engineering content.
• Lead the collaboration of a community of fellow engineers to advance the collective expertise of the piping, mechanical, and equipment domain within Cargill.
Leads the development and ongoing improvement of Cargill's Shared Engineering Content including representation in SmartPlant - 80%
• Leads the development of shared engineering content for piping, mechanical and equipment disciplines that apply to multiple manufacturing technologies with the ultimate goal to represent in SmartPlant in form of specifications, rules and models.
• Reviews currently available engineering discipline content across Cargill's manufacturing technologies and regions to convert to shared engineering content and representation in SmartPlant.
• Collaborates with Corporate Engineering Technology Solution Lead and engineering service providers to express shared engineering content in the form of SmartPlant specifications, rules and models. Strives to express the content in the most effective manner to maximize applicability across manufacturing technologies, improve efficiencies in engineering and downstream asset life-cycle activities.
• Strives to maximize application of shared engineering content across Cargill's manufacturing technologies and regions, by right-sizing the depth of detail and minimizing duplication.
• Strives to maximize the use of PIP standard engineering content and minimize development of custom engineering content.
• Ensures shared engineering content adheres to relevant industry codes and standards.
• Strives for shared engineering content to deliver optimal total cost of ownership within acceptable risk tolerances.
• Organizes, chairs and facilitates collaboration with appointed engineering discipline leads from manufacturing technology communities and regions to develop and continuously improve the shared engineering content.
• Collaborates with appointed operating philosophy subject matter experts to ensure Cargill's operating philosophies are applied to the shared engineering content.
• Performs benchmarking of shared engineering content against constructability and operational results, including asset integrity evaluations, to continuously improve the shared engineering content.
• Performs benchmarking of shared engineering content against contemporary regulatory requirements and state-of-the art in industry for continuous improvement.
• Performs benchmarking of shared engineering content against latest versions of PIP for continuous improvement.
• Manages the roadmap for continuous improvement of shared engineering content.
• Acts as the final authority for shared engineering content.
Leads the application of Shared Engineering Content across Cargill's manufacturing technologies, regions and facilities - 20%
• Works with manufacturing technology communities to "right-size" the depth of detail for manufacturing technology and engineering (MT&E) content to improve efficiencies in engineering and downstream asset life-cycle activities.
• Supports collaborations between manufacturing technology communities and engineering service providers to express MT&E content in SmartPlant. Strives to express the content in the most effective manner to improve efficiencies in engineering and downstream asset life-cycle activities.
• Collaborates with Strategic Sourcing to maximize the value realized from the shared engineering content with respective Category Management Team.
• Organizes, chairs and facilitates collaboration among a community of engineering discipline leads with the goal to advance the collective expertise of the engineering domain within Cargill.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 10 years' experience working in an engineering discipline position or related Build (construction) project position.
• In-depth knowledge of piping codes (such as ASME, PED, API, EEMUA), pressure vessels, storage tanks, valves, in-line instruments, bins and silo design.
• Proven experience creating engineering discipline content and standards optimized for total cost of ownership within acceptable risk tolerances.
• Proven experience working with technical subject matter experts and cross-function experts in the engineering work process to produce engineering deliverables for construction projects.
• Proven ability to facilitate meetings and workshops on complex topics that maximize participation while achieving optimal results.
• Proven ability to identify issues, obtain relevant information, and relate / compare facts from different sources to identify solutions to complex technical problems.
• Proven ability to understand and document processes using standard tools and techniques.
• Proven ability to work virtually with subject matter experts globally.
• Proven high self-initiative, setting own goals and execution. Plans and executes work with minimal supervision.
• Proven motivation and ability to execute tasks in a timely manner, strong prioritization and time management skills.
• Proven high levels of organization, excellent written and verbal communication, and documentation skills.
• Proven skills showing appreciation for people with diverse backgrounds, perspective, and identities.
• Proven ability to partner effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Proven strong influencing skills, ability to work across the organization and multiple functions.
• Ability to travel up to 40%
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
• Experience creating engineering standards and specifications for an owner operator.
• Experience working on projects in the food and agricultural industry.
• Working knowledge of PIP standard engineering content and experience with application to corporate and/or project engineering standards.
• Possesses a combination of advanced engineering expertise and exper