|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
The Commodity Position Manager is responsible for the leadership and execution of position reporting and trading profitability analysis for the Cargill Starches, Sweeteners, and Texturizers in North America (CSSTNA). CSSTNA is in the process of implementing SAP TC2 and this role will be instrumental in leading the Financial Risk Management (FRM) team through a successful design, implementation, and stabilization of the ERP. This implementation will occur in phases over the next 2 to 3 years. The FRM team will need to develop interim processes while managing multiple systems to ensure accuracy of the position and P&L throughout this implementation. This is a project role with an expected duration of 4 to 5 years as CSSTNA goes through implementation and stabilization of the SAP TC2 application.
This role oversees the identification and capture of commodity risks in the position, manages the daily and monthly mark-to-market/P&L reporting processes, and partners with traders, merchants and commercial leads to clarify roles for commodity risk policy compliance. This position works closely with the Risk Management Group to understand commodity risk requirements and ensure complete and accurate commodity position reporting. This position oversees the reconciliation to the trader estimate, validates prices used in inventory valuation, and ensures commodity risks are accurately presented in the financial statements. This role requires highly effective talent management and change leadership skills to build and develop a high-performing team that is business and market focused and process aligned.
40% Lead and Develop Talent
• Inspire a shared sense of purpose and direction with excitement for the future to motivate and energize others.
• Lead talent development, work/resource organization/planning, performance management, succession planning, engagement, selection, and onboarding of the CSSTNA analyst team.
• Coach and mentor employees for development.
• Empower team to initiate change, leverage diversity, promote recognition, engage employees and drive for results.
• Create a culture of intellectual curiosity and continuous learning to meet individual development goals.
• Determine resource needs throughout the implementation and stabilization of SAP TC2.
30% Ensure Accurate and Timely Commodity Risk and Trading P&L Reporting
• Ensure well-controlled and accurate commodity position data, process, and reporting for the CSSTNA commodities before implementation, through implementation with interim manual processes, and post implementation into stabilization.
• Work with the SAP project team and business leadership on system design decisions.
• Engage with trading and commercial leads to clarify risks and escalate risk exposures in the position.
• Clarify trading, commercial, and FRM responsibilities to ensure compliance with corporate commodity risk reporting policies.
• Develop and deliver a daily mark-to-market/P&L reporting process during the phased implementation and into stabilization.
• Ensure timely and accurate monthly mark-to-market/P&L reporting, validating market prices used for valuations and ensuring commodity risks are accurately presented in the financial statements.
• Develop and deliver a process to reconcile the accounting P&L to the trader estimate post implementation.
• Oversee the administration activities for futures and options, including broker reconciliations, confirmation, commissions and margins for commodities not traded through the hedge room.
30% Optimize Processes and Champion Continuous Improvement
• Work across the FIBI FRM organization to align commodity position and trading P&L reporting processes in the SAP solution.
• Perform Business Readiness activities partnering with other A&F domains and commercial teams to ensure business processes are in place prior to implementation.
• Partner with the Process Improvement and Controls A&F domains to design and implement controlled business processes.
• Partner with the Commodity & Derivative Risk Lead and Analyst for effective commodity and derivative operational processes.
• Communicate process and reporting changes for effective stakeholder engagement.
• Identify and implement process simplification, standardization and automation in commodity position and trading P&To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION