|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
Cargill Protein is a leader in beef, turkey, egg, pork and chicken products for the retail, foodservice and food manufacturing sectors. Based in Wichita, Kan., Cargill Protein employs nearly 27,000 people and operates approximately 60 facilities in the U.S. and Canada, including processing plants, cooked meats facilities, hatcheries, feed mills, feed yards, distribution centers and an innovation center. Additionally, Cargill Protein works with joint venture partner Teys Bros. to produce and market Australian beef. Leveraging its expertise in operations excellence, supply chain management, consumer insights, risk management and innovation, Cargill Protein is focused on delighting its customers and helping them succeed. It is committed to profitably grow its protein business through acquisitions, organic growth of its existing portfolio and partnerships.
Cargill Protein brands include Sterling Silver Premium Beef, Honeysuckle White and Shady Brook Farms turkey products, Castlewood Reserve and Charter Reserve deli meats and cheeses, RUMBA, Angus Pride, Blackwell Angus, Excel, Ranchers Registry and TNT Burgers. The group has sales offices throughout North America and in key international locations. Its products are sold in many nations around the world, in addition to North American markets. Cargill Protein is a leader in food safety, animal well-being, sustainability, workplace safety and giving back to communities where it has a presence.
Cargill has an exciting opportunity for an Accounting & Reporting Analyst located at our Nashville, TN processing plant. This position will be involved in all accounting related activities at this location and ensure effective controls are in place. This position will work directly with the local Accounting & Reporting (A&R) Lead and all local management at the facility. Duties that this position will be directly or indirectly involved in include expense management, metric setting and review, capital project management, operational performance analysis, ensuring the necessary control framework is in place, inventory management, yearly budget setting, partnering with production management to identify areas where efficiency gains can be captured, and projects as assigned. This position will report to the BOSC Accounting and Reporting Manager located in Wichita, KS and must be able to be self-driven and motivated for success.
30% Fiduciary & Controls
• Executes day-to-day accounting operations required to support the business
• Applies a substantial and broad understanding of the business to conduct standard financial analyses of the balance sheet to ensure proper controls over financial reporting
• Monitors and measures compliance to the internal global control framework
• Ensure accurate reporting, compliance with GAAP accounting, and adherence to financial reporting policies.
• Be a champion of internal controls by maintaining awareness and analyzing processes to identify any fiduciary risks.
• Understands key accounting processes that are done by Cargill Business Solutions and other centralized groups and works with them to ensure accuracy and efficiency
30% Business Partnering
• Execute Plant Finance activities to provide insights into weekly operational metrics such as Yield, Inventory adjustments, Labor, and Overhead
• Partner closely with the local production management team to look for ways to improve key metrics and report out to Finance and BOSC leadership teams
• Analyze data to identify areas for improvement and challenge results.
• Collaborate and benchmark with other Protein finance professionals to share best practices and learnings.
• Provides thought leadership that identifies and implements process simplification, standardization and improvement
• A leader in annual planning for location and work with Plant General Manager, Superintendents, Line Supervisors, Warehouse Managers, HR Managers, Customer Service manager, and Sales & Operation Planning personnel to develop and analyze key budget inputs
30% Analysis (This complements to above two areas)
• Analyze weekly results to identify opportunities in labor, packaging, and yields
• Analyze standard costs to ensure they are accurate and approximate standard plant performance
• Analyze monthly overhead variances to understand trends and opportunities
• Develop an annual budget for the plant while partnering with the business during the process
Support the Finance function and local management with any assigned projects.
If selected for an interview you will be required to submit your past two performance reviews.
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION