Propane Sales and Delivery
A job with propane sales and delivery requires a professional to sell and deliver propane to farms and businesses using propane in their production process.
What responsibilities will I have?
- Actively contact customers and prospects to market propane
- Responsible for payment collections and credit administration
- Deliver product to customer in a timely, efficient and safe manner
- Assist with customer service and energy operations
- Work with facility team to build unity and help accomplish company goals
- Assist with inventory control and team safety
- Follow all guidelines and regulations for hauling propane
- Maintain logs with each shipment, completing daily invoices and reports
- Perform visual inspection of truck before leaving premises and complete maintenance report on all deficiencies
- Report all accidents, traffic violations, and damage to vehicles
- Complete daily maintenance report and notify supervisor of any needed repairs
- Maintain cleanliness of your truck both inside and out
- Ensure on time loading and unloading and communicate with vendors if delays occur
- Provide excellent customer service, treating all customers in a friendly and courteous manner
What education and training is required?
A high school diploma, and a class B CDL with hazmat and tanker endorsements is required.
To pursue a career in propane sales and delivery:
The following high school courses are recommended: agricultural education, mathematics, business courses and chemistry.
Where can I work?
Propane sales and delivery workers can be employed by energy companies and cooperatives.
Future Job Market / Outlook
The future outlook for a propane sales and delivery worker will be good over the next five years.
Suggested Professional Organizations and Associations
- National Propane Gas Association
- Western Propane Gas Association
- Local chamber of commerce