Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist are responsible for the main HR duties including recruitment, development, and employment of staff for companies.
What responsibilities will I have?
- Responsible for recruiting and staffing logistics as well as organizational and space planning
- Coordinates performance management and improvement systems
- Manages organization development while also maintaining employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting
- Liaise with both human resources managers and line managers to undertake or assist with specific initiatives, projects and assignments
- Focus on employee orientation, development, and training
- Develops policy and documentation and maintains employee relations
- Administrate compensation and benefits throughout the company and maintains employee safety, welfare, wellness and health, while focusing on employee services and counseling
- Attend community, state and school related career fairs to recruit potential candidates for the company
- Develop, post and manage company job postings
What education and training is required?
A bachelor’s degree in human resources or agricultural business.
To pursue a career as a Human Resources Generalist:
The following high school courses are recommended: agricultural education and mathematics.
Employed by food production companies, equipment sales companies, chemical companies, co-ops, seed production companies, retail businesses, animal health companies, and financial services companies.
Future Job Market/Outlook:
The future outlook for Human Resources Generalist is projected to be excellent.
Suggested Professional Organizations and Associations:
- Society for Human Resource Management
- National Human Resources Association
- National Association of Colleges and Employers
- Professionals In Human Resources Association