Black Earth Products is the premier supplier of Canadian humic products to agriculture, aquaculture, turf, animal nutrition and the agribusiness industry. Our success is driven by talented people who want to make a difference in the agriculture industry by bringing knowledge and science to yield a healthier and more sustainable world.
Could you become one of us?
We are currently seeking a Sales Agronomist for the US market to manage current accounts, grow our business, and contribute to our sales strategy. Reporting to the Sales Manager, you will be responsible for fulfilling customer needs, identifying opportunities, defining agriculture-focused solutions, and developing new markets.
What you will do
- Work on your own but also as a member of a well-integrated team of professionals.
- Understanding your business targets and execute on your plan to achieve them.
- Develop and implement regional agronomic plans to support Black Earth’s strategic plans and territory budgets.
- Develop and maintain close customer relations with key clients by providing professional agronomic advice.
- Strengthen customer business plans, profitability, and sustainability.
- Arrange technical and marketing activities including farmer meetings, demonstration trials, and field days.
- Organize or act as the liaison between Black Earth and distributors to organize trial programs and assist with analyzing and reporting results.
- Maintain industry awareness regarding technical developments via networking, personal development, and training.
- Work with a Microsoft business information system and use standard Office programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
What you have
- Studies and/or knowledge in a Technical, Science or Agriculture related field (Science BSc preferred).
- 2+ years of experience in agriculture sales.
- Proficient computer skills.
What you have done
- Known for being responsive and providing exceptional customer service.
- Experience identifying and managing a sales pipeline of customers.
- Strong business acumen and ability to develop robust relationships.
- Responsible for increasing sales and revenues for both short term and long-term goals. Developed a list of prospects that can provide predictable and sustainable new business volume.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail and highly organized.
- Effective at preparing and delivering technical presentations.
Who you are
- Self-driven team player with the ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Able to manage and prioritize diverse tasks and deliverables within one or more projects.
- Business acumen and business development experience.
- Excellent writing, communication, and project management skills.
- Able to travel locally 50% of the time (Covid19 dependent).