At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Technical Product Manager- Wheat - Northern Plains
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Technical Product Manager for wheat seed and genetics within the North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota geography, you will be responsible for providing product and agronomic leadership by evaluating, documenting and communicating product value to WestBred distribution, licensees and growers. In this role, you will work collaboratively with the Regional Account Manager and Varietal Product Licensing Lead. Together, you will conduct on-going assessments of local market needs to deliver strategic guidance to key stakeholders on product portfolio and lifecycle management. Key stakeholders include: Product Management, Breeding, Technology and the Wheat Seed Supplier Network. You will be expected to deliver product, technology and agronomic systems innovations to the marketplace which are inclusive of seed, crop protection and digital offerings. This role reports to the Varietal Product Licensing Lead.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Technical Product Manager, are to:
- Have product leadership;
- Be the product expert (germplasm, technology, and seed treatment) for the area to build product confidence and demand;
- Work with Product Management to identify product needs and assist in product portfolio management;
- Work on position new and existing products with the Wheat Seed Supplier Network and designated licensees;
- Assist in development of an area forecast that will achieve volume and trait targets;
- Collaborate with Regional Account Manager and Commercial Operations team to maintain supply reliability throughout the supply chain;
- Develop an understanding of the competitive germplasm landscape and communicate business implications to the sales team;
- Have agronomic Leadership;
- Be a crop production expert for the area developing business growth opportunities;
- Communicate and train on cropping systems and practices that deliver on the sustainable agriculture commitment of producing more, conserving more and improving lives;
- Coordinate with the Regional Account Manager to establish field activities catered to the brand experience;
- Develop and communicate key agronomic messages for the area, including regular contribution to newsletters and technical bulletins;
- Generate and summarize technical and performance data on varieties to support product advancement and positioning in the market;
- Work in partnership with Crop Protection and Climate Corporation, drive agronomically-based integrated and tailored solutions for the wheat grower;
- Drive Accelerated Sales Growth;
- Summarize performance data to drive sales of available products in the portfolio;
- Network across Bayer technical groups and industry experts;
- Communicate and train the Wheat Seed Supplier Network on the features, advantages and benefits of products;
- Participate in sales calls with key customers and prospects.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree;
- At least five (5+) years of industry experience including knowledge of germplasm;
- General agronomic and germplasm knowledge with experience in approaches to germplasm improvement;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to enable effective problem solving and coordination of information;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate between technical and non-technical audiences and across multi-disciplinary teams;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Domestic travel required (up to 30%).
- Position requires driving for the company that may fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction. This may entail the hauling of trailers, product, supplies or equipment in a safe manner.
Domestic relocation assistance may be offered for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Residence Based|Residence Based|Residence Based || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||471901 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |