At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Seed Prep Specialist
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Seed Prep Specialist, are to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the prep of seed for field trials as well as for GCA-prepared seed following all applicable processes and ensuring timely and accurate prep;
- Set the example and provide guidance for/to seed prep contingent workers;
- Contribute to the seed shipping process, ensuring the accuracy and compliance of seed material packaging and shipping;
- Coordinate and contribute to the cycle count function for seed inventories, working through contingent workers to ensure inventory accuracy;
- Contribute to ongoing SMFL process improvement efforts for seed prep and GCA prep functions;
- Serve as primary trainer for new seed prep personnel, ensuring the compliance to requirements as stated in applicable SOPs;
- Oversee training progress and ensuring trainees get signed-off by team lead as proficient in all applicable workflows;
- Record and analyze seed prep Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to ensure that systemic material prep issues are detected and addressed;
- Ensure all material prep SOPs, work instructions, forms, and job aids are updated as necessary and reflect the current processes;
- Work in conjunction with seed inventory personnel to serve as back-up inventory support in high capacity seasons.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Non-degreed with at least eight years of relevant experience or Bachelor of Science with at least one year of experience;
- Demonstrated ability to executing various routine lab processes in a high-throughput setting under tight timelines;
- Train contractors and act as model of high quality process delivery;
- Understanding of regulatory compliance requirements for USDA, EPA, regulated biotech and chemistry products and working knowledge of GLP;
- Quality Management Systems and/or ISO quality systems;
- Capable of understanding and participating in lab processes for moderate to extensive problem solving;
- Have a more complete understanding of seed or handling- related technical area. Works Independently with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrate knowledge of specialized laboratory and scientific techniques;
- Demonstration of high levels of value and integrity;
- Execute responsibilities with knowledge, accuracy, persistence, resilience, and creativity seeking to work both independently and collaboratively.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Chesterfield || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||515561 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |