At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Seed Growth Advisor - Illinois
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Bayer Seed Growth Advisor (SGA) you will develop and drive our direct-to-dealer seed treatment business (Acceleron, ILeVO, E007 and Bayer OnDemand Equipment) covering the state of Illinois. To be successful in the role you will need to develop a summarized business plan for your region, with a focus on business retention, development and coordination of annual forecasting across all brands in region. You will need to work with internal sales peers (Field Sales Representatives), dealers and retailers to coordinate necessary training and elevate product knowledge across geography. This will ensure market readiness with a focus on seed treatment product positioning . You will be expected to achieve sales targets for Direct to Dealer products in the designated territories by influencing sales teams in the overlapping seed & traits and chemistry geographies. This role reports to the local Crop Protection Area Business Manager.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Seed Growth Advisor, are to:
- Achieve target for Direct to Dealer product line, while influencing sales teams as champions for Direct to Dealer Seed Treatment products;
- Be responsible for demand forecasting, operational forecasting, and summarized Direct to Dealer business plan across all brands in territory Primary Liaison between FSR/Dealer Network and Customer Marketing, Product Management, and Customer Service;
- Responsible for communication and understanding of go-to-market strategy, product pipeline, and associated pricing and programs related to Direct to Dealer portfolio and Equipment portfolio;
- Prepare local market for planned product launches based on associated launch timelines;
- Be responsible for sales process (order to cash) training, product knowledge and knowledge transfer to FSR’s. Support and manage product quality claims as necessary with dealer and Customer Service Partner with the equipment team in Shakopee to educate, position, and follow through on equipment related issues or questions;
- Build a working relationship with our seed treatment technical teams in St. Louis, Technical Development Reps (TDR), and Technical Agronomist (TA) to understand product positioning through in-field testing and trials;
- Share competitive intelligence with relevant sales and marketing teams Resource in local field trials with customers;
- Lead field days and trade shows to promote the direct to dealer treatment portfolios;
- Coach and influence FSRs and dealers/Seedsman to sell our direct to dealer portfolio through strong communication, follow-through, and education of our portfolio;
- Spend time in-field with FSRs to train, educate and meet dealers/Seedsman together;
- Collaborate with sales managers on go-to-market implementation, monitor seed dealer and grower interactions;
- Be aware of the broader Seed Growth offering (current and pipeline).
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Seven (7) years of experience in agriculture;
- Seed Growth product and industry knowledge, Seed Treatment application knowledge and ability to coach treaters on product line;
- Ability to train and influence internal and external stakeholders on product portfolio;
- Demonstrated business acumen and selling experience;
- Ability to manage large geography and leverage agility in teamwork;
- Ability to work across and support multiple stakeholders (Seed and Crop Protection Areas and coordinated sales professionals and leaders);
- Demonstrated strategic thinking capability in prior experience (using business insights to project decisions);
- Digital fluency with latest industry tools and a desire to make decisions using data to grow the business;
- Strong analytical, influence and innovative sales and negotiation skills (documented ability to drive results);
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, written communication, as well as conflict management skills;
- Ability to quickly build strategic relationships and influence customer behavior (internal and external);
- Experience with sales teams and teams working remotely;
- Position requires driving for the company that may fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction. This may entail the hauling of trailers, product, supplies or equipment in a safe manner.
Domestic relocation assistance may be offered for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Residence Based || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||630292 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |