At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where 'Health for all Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Maintenance Specialist - Waterman, IL (60 miles west of Chicago, IL)
The Bayer Seed Technology Center is a 50,000 sqft facility housing the largest seed testing operation in the world, providing data to enable sales of Bayer seed across North America.
We’re looking for a talented and driven individual to drive our maintenance and reliability strategy forward as we continue to innovate and scale up automation.
In addition this role includes responsibilities to envision and fabricate ideas that will continuously improve the way our operation works.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Maintenance Specialist, are to:
- Manages ~$5M of lab equipment operations and is responsible for maintaining equipment and automated systems to meet lab testing demands;
- Responsible for scheduling and executing the lab maintenance program;
- Independently troubleshoots equipment breakdowns using knowledge of mechanical systems and the equipment specifications to perform repairs as needed;
- Coordinates with 3rd party vendors when outside service is required on equipment;
- Programs software on equipment and automated systems that are created for specialized usage in production;
- Performs preventive maintenance work orders for lab equipment;
- Orders parts for repairing lab equipment;
- Enters preventive maintenance and breakdown information into computerized maintenance system;
- Provides maintenance KPI’s to lab area-specific tier structure;
- Communicate and escalate when needed equipment issues and updates;
- Participate in a continuous improvement program focused on enhancing current processes and performing root cause analyses/troubleshooting of issues;
- Ability to identify and correct trends in equipment breakdowns;
- Schedules and ensures completion of preventive maintenance, equipment list, completion of work orders, and is a point of contact for emergency repairs outside business hours;
- Create and promote a safe work environment which includes ensuring all equipment meets and/or exceeds all EHS requirements.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED);
- Experience working with laboratory equipment;
- Ability to develop and deploy automated solutions in a lab environment;
- Knowledge of basic mechanical systems (electric motors, pneumatics, hydraulics etc.);
- Ability to develop a high level of trust within your team, business partners, leadership, and other key stakeholder groups;
- Detailed oriented with the ability to multitask in a high throughput environment;
- This position may require a change in shift hours;
- Weekend and overtime work as required;
- Valid Drivers’ License and eligibility to drive a company car or pooled vehicle (driving record must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers and MVR will be reviewed as part of pre-employment screening).
- Associate’s degree or equivalent certifications in related field;
- 2+ years of experience working with laboratory equipment.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
|Bayer is an E-Verify Employer. || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Waterman || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||798067 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |