At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Health, Safety, Environmental Technician
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Health, Safety, Environmental Technician, are to:
- Coordinate and maintain the site Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Program, by conducting regular trainings and audits, provide solutions for safety issues in a timely and appropriate manner;
- Maintain accurate records for safety activities performed, leveraging internal systems;
- Conduct incident analysis using root cause analysis;
- Maintain and complete all compliance reporting obligations, including regulatory permits;
- Develop operational knowledge and functional understanding of at least 2 key operational areas across the warehouse, plant and field;
- Participate in DDS meetings and follow through on safety-related issues. Support areas across the plant to drive the adoption of 5S and use focused improvement techniques to contribute to the improvement of processes and site safety program;
- Develop best practices and share within the Safety Network.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma;
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills including the capability to clearly present information to influence or persuade others through oral or written means;
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and problem-solving skills;
- Results driven/detail-orientated and the ability to work with a sense of urgency;
- Capability to work with site management, HSE Staff and site employees in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitment to goals and objectives.
- At least two years of college in Environmental, Safety or Health or Bachelor's degree in an area related to Environmental, Safety or Health;
- Working knowledge of HSE, OSHA regulations, bilingual skills, and seed production processes.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Redwood Falls || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||465283 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |