At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Field Testing Agronomist
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Testing Agronomist, are to:
Based on territory location the ideal candidate would be residence based near Garden City, KS.
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of the research program with respect to budgetary guidelines and expectations;
- Support the site ESH program as it applies to north American field testing and operations selection, preparation and maintenance of multiple field testing sites;
- Drive safe including frequent trailer use hauling loads in excess of 10,000 lbs.; pre-trip inspections and use of log books plays a vital role is trial preparation including seed processing, packaging, shipping, protocol review, trial placement and mapping/field design;
- Maintain field trial sites as weed, insect and disease free;
- Be confident identifying key weeds, insect and disease problems is critical, as is timely and accurate implementation of control measures with the use of handheld electronic equipment and Monsanto proprietary software, collect notes on various agronomic traits (e.g. emergence uniformity, flowering date, lodging, height, maturity, shattering resistance) in a timely manner throughout the growing season harvest plots and collect samples for quality and statistical analysis;
- Ensure harvest data is evaluated and relinquished in accordance with crop advancement deadlines to aid in product advancement decisions;
- Develop, maintain and implement the use of controlled sop documents, QMS procedures and investigative protocols;
- Comply with all Bayer regulatory compliance guidelines for confined release and stewarded trial material;
- Collaborate with other agronomic research specialists, site leads, and principal investigators is expected in order to facilitate efficient trial planning and placement, sharing of ideas and techniques and quick response to issues that may arise (e.g. weather or pests affecting trials);
- Work closely with plant breeders, principal investigators and agronomic research specialists to fully understand the multiple stages of crop development and the importance of each step involved and share experiences cross-functionally as needed;
- Work on field selection, cooperator relations, capable of learning research equipment operations and basic maintenance (all types), field maintenance, data collection, basic agronomic knowledge/ crop management, technically savvy, adhere to compliance/safety policies, utilization of it tools, time management, prioritization skills, self-motivated, good decision making abilities;
- Be accountable for business unit or project results through leadership and coordination across site strategy, prioritize and monitor projects to ensure completion within deadlines and budgets;
- Build partnerships and share technical knowledge across sites, involved in industry working groups;
- Position entails driving a company vehicle. This may include being required to drive greater than 5,000 business miles annually in a personal, pooled, or rented vehicle OR being expected to frequently drive a pooled car as part of your job duties – regardless of mileage;
- Position requires driving for the company that will (may) fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction. This may entail the hauling of trailers, product, supplies or equipment in a safe manner.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least five years relevant agriculture experience. OR Master’s Degree with at least two years of relevant agriculture experience OR Ph.D. with up to one year of agriculture experience;
- Valid driver s license; Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed and must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers;
- DOT medical card or the ability to obtain one through successfully completing and passing a DOT physical. In addition, candidate must be able to meet all applicable DOT/FMCSA criteria. Drivers with previous DOT driving experience may be required to undergo FMCSA safety checks and applicable review;
- Ability to lift up to 45-60 lbs.;
- Ability to obtain pesticide applicator license within 6 months from date of hire;
- Ability to obtain UAV license for operating drones within 6 months from date of hire;
- Ability to work extended hours during peak operational seasons;
- Ability to travel 20% to support local or other business hubs, in other geographies.
- Preferred area of study in Crop Science or Agronomy;
- Prior agricultural plot research and equipment experience;
- CDL license or ability to obtain within 6 months. Additionally, successful candidates will be placed in a random drug screen pool upon starting the position, per regulations;
Domestic relocation may be offered for the role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Residence Based || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||558721 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |