At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
E&I Maint Eng
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, E&I Maint Eng, are to:
- Provide Technical support in the development of detailed job plans for instrument and equipment repairs/ PM’s;
- Develop Engineering work packages for critical maintenance jobs and improvement projects;
- Monitor/trend, identify and develop solutions to E&I equipment issues (accuracy, high downtime, high maintenance cost &/or high quantity of repetitive failures);
- Generate management of changes documentation for solutions to E&I equipment problems that deviate from original design;
- Maintain instrument specs and area E&I Drawings;
- Perform incident investigations and participate in unit or area safety teams;
- Provide technical support to production group with instrument and process issues;
- Work closely with drafting personnel, production and maintenance personnel, corporate engineering, and construction contractors;
- Oversight of interlock/safety circuit program, technical input and support for Process Safety Management;
- Perform on-call time periods may be incurred;
- Manage the proper turnover of implemented control strategies to the customer, this includes proper documentation and training of area personnel and follow-up for debugging/refinement;
- Assist in managing the long term reliability efforts for the plant process control systems, including reliability tracking through Emerson. AMS/ GE Meridium as well as control system hardware and I/O reliability;
- Promote Site Process Safety and Plant Safety initiatives (EmPart, Behavior Base Safety, and Unit compliance, etc.);
- Lead Interlock checks and be a primary resource providing troubleshooting guidance to Electrical and Instrumentation technicians.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of four years engineering experience in manufacturing, engineering or related field, OR a Master's of Science degree in Engineering;
- Computer proficiency in Windows based programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong safety ethic, decision-making and problem solving skills;
- General knowledge of batch and / or continuous process operations;
- Understand and utilize NFPA Standards;
- Ability to work as an individual contributor and as part of a diverse team composed of fellow engineers, operations personnel, maintenance personnel and leadership;
- Must be available to respond to calls on off-hours, nights, weekends, and holidays (infrequently, but as needed);
- Must be able to perform work in a manufacturing plant environment, including ascending/descending stairs and ladders.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Luling || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||601583 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |