At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where 'Health for all Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Digital Technology Intern
Focus on development, implementation, and management of overlapping Business Systems to meet the needs and requests of production, safety, quality, and maintenance areas. Optimize technology capabilities to increase manufacturing efficiencies, while aligning with Bayer compliance requirements. The digital technology intern/co-op identifies organizational needs and translates those needs into requirements for a digital deliverable.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
- Partner with the local Operations Technology team to implement pre-selected digital projects that support our chemical manufacturing business units.
- Evaluate digital tools from the company’s application suite and make determinations on how to move forward.
- May participate in cross-functional teams responsible for implementing business objectives using new or existing systems
- Understanding and documenting processes as well as act as project manager during the design, development (of end user tools), cost, testing, implementation, training, and communication of new systems and processes
- Ensure systems and solutions meet business requirements and drive user adoption
- Analysis of systemic issues regarding software and system processes within their area of responsibility and recommendation of both short term and long-term solutions
- Help manage system upgrades within the Operations Technology area including design, development, data mapping, integration analysis, scripting, testing, implementation, training, and communication
- Creating and supporting ad hoc queries, dashboards, and reports using available business intelligence tools.
- Investigate and evaluate new systems, solutions, and processes to meet future business needs
- Support development and improvement through participation on site initiatives and committees.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and form strong networks & relationships
- Ability to work well within a culture that values diversity
- Willingness to actively pursue learning and self-development
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Digital related field of study
- Successfully completed sophomore year or higher and returning to school upon completion of the intern or co-op assignment
- Ability to commute daily to and from work location in Muscatine, IA
- Willingness to work in a chemical manufacturing environment
- General knowledge of RDBMS including Oracle or SQL server
- Microsoft Visual Studio / .NET programming
- Knowledge or experience in some form of software programming (C, C#, VB, Java, etc.)
- Experience in managing small-to-medium IT based projects
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale
- Experience with optimizing SQL queries or stored procedures/packages
- Experience creating Microsoft SharePoint based solutions
- Experience with Spotfire, Tableau, Power BI or similar dashboarding tool
- Basic SAP knowledge in production, maintenance, or quality management functions
- General knowledge of middleware solutions and data warehousing
- Experience developing or configuring workflow enabled applications
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
|Bayer is an E-Verify Employer. || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Muscatine || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||798225 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |