At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Data Engineering Manager-Marketing
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is located in St Louis, MO or residence based in Illinois, Minnesota, or Ohio.
In this position, you will be a core team member of Bayer Crop Science’s newly established Digital Hub—an integrated Digital Media and Analytics team. You should be a seasoned professional with proven technical expertise in Data Architecture & Data Engineering, specifically in the area of Digital Analytics and Optimization, with a desire to shape the future of the Digital Hub. You will lead aligning and integrating Crop Sciences’ customer datasets and integrating digital media data. You will focus on aligning key second and third-party data to enhance audience targeting. An ideal candidate can demonstrate a great capacity to take initiatives, an ability to consistently deliver above expectation, balance the introduction of new technologies and modern approaches with traditional ones, and a passion for quality and continuous improvement.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Marketing Data Architecture Sr. Manager—Crop Science Commercial Operations, are to:
- Serve as the primary Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the interconnectivity of the organization’s various marketing datasets;
- Design and implement architecture for consolidated marketing datasets while accounting for data needs from all internal stakeholders, including the media team and content team;
- Be focused during the first 100-days on conducting a comprehensive audit of Bayer Crop’s marketing data ecosystem and delivering a roadmap for implementing a best-in-class data architecture, including guiding the addition of the right technologies that supports our marketing business objectives including personalization, implementing advanced Marketing;
- Participate in automation journeys and advanced digital media execution and optimization;
- Inform and represent that marketing POV regarding what data assets and capabilities we should build and what software platforms/app stacks are needed including highlighting benefits, risks, and tradeoffs;
- Collaborate with IT/Technology and Global Digital Center of Excellence (CoE) on tools, platforms, data architecture to support marketing objectives;
- Own data governance and operations for all internal datasets and ensure proper access and permission are granted for both internal and external users;
- Support the growth and execution of first party data strategy end-to-end such as data collection, monitoring, harmonizing, modeling, activation, and measurement;
- Facilitate execution of Bayer Crop Science (BCS) overall data strategy involving both first and third party data in order to enhance audience targeting across digital media channels;
- Collaborate with other analytics functions across the organization (market research, product supply, business intelligence) to understand all available data, new data and how it can be used for marketing;
- Manage communication and expectation with internal stakeholders at varying level of the organization as it relates to data accessibility and utilization.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- At least six to eight years of data solutions experience at a publisher, agency, trading desk, technology company or end-advertiser;
- Expertise in AWS and Google Cloud Platform with proficiency in efficient;
- Data Storage, Data Transformation, and delivery to end users based on business need;
- Proficient in computer applications used to manipulate large datasets to analyze, test, validate and report public web usage data;
- Experience reading API documentation and understanding the technical requirements for implementation with other platforms is a plus;
- Excellent technical communication skills for relaying requirements to engineers for execution of custom code;
- Ability to explain architecture proposals to non-technical audiences and communicate business value of suggested ideas and plans;
- Ability and desire to scale knowledge and learning to junior (and at times senior) team members;
- Strong collaboration ethic including professional manner of giving and receiving feedback, partnering with other teams to strive for overall cross-company success;
- Proven record of successful performance in ambiguous situations and defining concrete action items with limited guidance is a must;
- Excellent organization, project and time management skills with ability to thrive in a fast changing environment.
- Experience in B2B industries, agriculture or commodities sector;
- Experience in digital media campaign management;
- Experience with Adobe Analytics and AEM stack, Marketo, Google Analytics 360.
Domestic relocation may be offered for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||St. Louis|Residence Based|Residence Based|Chicago || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||450862 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |