In this position, students will partake in a 12-week internship experience where they will contribute to the success of a sales team, complete projects that directly meet the needs of the business, grow their knowledge of the Agricultural industry, and represent one of Agriculture's leading companies. Interns will develop skills and knowledge in sales, agronomy, business, digital acumen, networking, and more.
Interns will be placed on either a Seeds & Traits or Crop Protection sales team and paired with a mentor to provide day-to-day learning, feedback, and coaching. This position will be located in a sales territory in the US, reporting to our Field Sales Trainee & Intern Lead. Interns will belong to a cohort of other Interns with the same start date and role responsibilities, with in-person and virtual networking opportunities throughout the summer.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work alongside a mentor within a sales team to understand and support the sales of Bayer’s portfolio, focusing on either Seeds & Traits or Crop Protection;
- Complete localized projects to further knowledge of Bayer’s products and present findings at the end of the internship;
- Develop relationships with farmer customers and dealer partners to learn how to effectively identify and meet their needs;
- Gain a well-rounded understanding of the Agricultural industry;
- Develop skills and knowledge in sales, agronomy, business, digital acumen, networking, and more;
- Learn and develop confidence in the sales process and cold calling;
- Focus on and develop in the following core competency areas:
- Customer Centricity, Product Portfolio and Agronomic Knowledge, and Data Analytics and Digital Tools
- Pursuing a minimum of a bachelor’s degree;
- Passionate about the Agricultural industry and passionate or curious about sales;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Self-motivated and takes initiative to meet goals with minimal supervision;
- Proven leader and problem-solver;
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize and manage time effectively;
- Willingness and ability to relocate for the 12-week internship, typically in a rural area;
- Ability to travel/drive throughout sales territory daily (company vehicle provided);
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed and must meet guidelines based on the company’s risk screening for hiring drivers
- Ability to lift a 60-pound bag of seed
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
|Bayer is an E-Verify Employer. || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Residence Based || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||797091 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |