At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2020. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future
Site Operations Coordinator (2102366) – Davis, CA
Where the Chemistry Happens
The R&D Site Operations Coordinator is responsible for day to day coordination of Davis Research facility operations, supporting the site leadership team and holding various roles for safety and compliance-based programs, in an effort to ensure consistent and efficient operating systems for the Research team and site, aligned with BASF requirements.
- Reviewing all invoicing with on-site departments, processes expense reports and payment of invoices and ensure accuracy of all invoices and accounts for products and services received and to help ensure adherence to the operating budget.
- Coordinating the development of contracts and the RFP process (working collaboratively with legal and procurement teams for implementation) for site services; work with all vendors to ensure services are performed as expected and invoiced as agreed upon.
- Assist in developing content and leading monthly site safety meetings for all staff.
- Coordinating with local agencies to ensure all business activities such as licensing and permitting requirements are met.
- Acting as the site Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Representative, as well as the Site Medical and Biosafety Representative and ensure compliance with all relevant EHS, and medical programs.
- Perform as Administrator/User for various HSE systems (AIMS, Elements Live, Learning and Chemical Management) and supports implementation and administration of other BASF related systems.
- Acting as the site Transportation and Distribution Safety (TDS) Officer by managing all aspect of the site’s hazardous waste management program by ensuring compliance with proper disposal methods and timelines and work with department leaders to verify consistently accurate waste profiles and ensure all site activities related to such follow BASF TDS directives.
- Facilitate the implementation of standard operating procedures and policies pertinent to the BASF Responsible Care program, including compliance reporting, as well as assist in training development and delivery for all site employees.
- Facilitating all event planning, assisting in content development, and coordinating logistics.
- Managing all facility maintenance requests in partnership with the property management team to ensure all work performed is scheduled and communicated to each department and act as Site Contract Representative to brief contractors performing services on the site’s policies and expectations.
- Working with local and corporate IT team(s), and security contractor to ensure IT/security requests are completed
- B.S./B.A. degree, additional experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
- Experience in business management or general office administration (3 years minimum)
- Experience in compliance and/or EHS-related role, preferred (2 years or more)
- Experience in running site operations, preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; able to work with employees at multiple levels of the organization
- Highly organized and strong time management skills to handle the fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to draft communication materials (policies, presentations, and training documents)
- Proficiency in PC applications such as Microsoft Office Google Suite and calendar management
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative and drive with little supervision
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.