Scheduler- Decatur, ILADM Global CapEx
This is an exempt level position
The Scheduler coordinates and integrates all planning and scheduling activities for small, medium to large size, complex projects/programs and prepares and issues master schedules, problem analysis reports and variance reports.
The Scheduler should fully understand major business components and implications specific to scheduling for Construction Companies and will ensure compliance with internal project requirements while upholding safety and quality management protocols.
Responsibilities:The Scheduler is fully responsible for the preparation of accurate resource and cost loaded project schedules, coordinating associated deliverables, and updating elements of the Scope of Work throughout the project life cycle, including recovery plans and what-if schedules as the need arises.
This role owns the development and implementation scheduling guidelines and should be skilled in developing schedule update procedures to schedule impacts. Additionally, they will guide Project Managers in formulating plans to correct schedule for service deliveries.
Also ensures compliance with internal scheduling and control standards. Implements process improvement initiatives.
Responsibilities also include collaborating with various internal and external partners on planning and scheduling related items and functions including reporting requirements, progress reporting and complaint schedules while communicating effectively with operations and customers to ensure timely completion of schedules and projects.
- Experience managing schedules for large scale projects, using linear scheduling software, and advanced knowledge of construction and relevant industry practices
- Proficiency in Critical Path Scheduling software (MS Project, Primavera or comparable scheduling tool)
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project software.
- Ability to coordinate all scheduling requirements through a highly matrixed project development team to ensure resources are focused on the right project activities.
- Ability to lead Schedule Review Meetings with all project participants to ensure accurate logic, prioritization, resource utilization, logistics and constraints are properly represented within the plan and schedule.
- Analytical mentality. Ability to review, criticize and validate external schedules.
- Experience tracking against schedule baselines and perform ad-hoc analyses. Report schedule status and variances to management in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player. Be able to interact with all project participants to capture scope, logistics, and constraints to be included within the plan and schedule. Maintain a positive attitude and develop strong working relationships with all team members.
- Excellent process management, prioritization and problem solving skills.
- Strong bias for action oriented performers.
- Some Travel to project sites.
Minimum Educational Background:
- BS Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, related field or equivalent work experience
- 10+ Years of experience in project management, construction or engineering. (Including minimum 5 years in scheduling/planning).
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
Job Post Date: 07/23/20