For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Fleet Deckhand - Winona, MN
This is a full-time, non-exempt level position.
- ADM is seeking a laborer to work as a deckhand under the direction of a Captain on a tug boat at one of our American River Transportation Company (ARTCo) fleeting locations in Winona, MN
- General housekeeping and upkeep of the vessel, including washing, chipping, painting, and cleaning
- Tow work, including building rigging, and building tow for Lineboats
- Fleet work, including preparing barges for delivery to local customers
- Assisting barge cleaners, mechanics, and welders may also be required
- Assist the captain with required vessel reports in compliance with environmental, safety and USCG regulations and report any problems or damage
- Report all injuries, illnesses, and near misses in a timely manner
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required or requested
- Ability to follow direction and execute tasks under the supervision of captain or mate
- Inland waterway decking experience preferred, but not required
- Reading and writing skills sufficient to comprehend/complete a variety of documents
- Ability to work in a flexible schedule; must allow for changes in assignments, and priorities depending upon identified needs of the vessel
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Must be able to work in all types of climates
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, including drug screen
- Promote the ADM Way and core Values
- Must have a demonstrated history of safe work behavior and a sincere desire to follow and improve upon safety policies and procedures
- Ability to work extended hours, evenings, weekends and Holidays
- Must have reliable transportation to and from any of the designated work locations
- Current Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card required. If you do not have a TWIC card upon hire, you must apply for one within 5 days
- Candidates must pass Company physical exam, drug screen and Company human performance exam (physical ability test)
- Standing for prolonged periods of time
- Frequent heavy lifting
- Prolonged periods of kneeling, bending and climbing stairs/ladders
- Ability to work near or on large bodies of water, at various heights and in confined spaces
Relocation is not available with this position
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.