Finance Director, Specialty Ingredients - Chicago, IL
This is an exempt level position.
An opportunity has arisen for a Finance Director for the Specialty Ingredients (SI) business of Nutrition based in Chicago. This position will coordinate all aspects of the finance activities for SI businesses across the world, including liaison with accounting GBS, reporting of monthly results, actual performance reporting against forecast and plan, and partnering with regional and business leadership on driving growth and financial performance. The job incumbent will have dual reporting lines, one to the Chief Financial Officer, Nutrition and one to the President, Global Specialty Ingredients. This will be a highly visible leadership role and a valued business partner. This role will play is instrumental role in partnering with the business to drive profitable growth through global expansion and development of unique, differentiated solutions especially in alternative proteins. ADM's SI business strategic aspiration is to maintain its leadership in alternative proteins -- global alternative proteins market projected to triple to $30 billion by 2030.
The main duties of this role will include:
- Partner with commercial management to drive profitable revenue growth and be responsive to needs for business information and support
- Coordinate monthly preparation of timely and high quality financial information
- Point person for annual strategic planning cycle and build the business plan, including: operating, capital and financial components
- Coordinate quarterly reporting process in conjunction with financial planning and analysis for executive leadership
- AFE's - Prep (including scripting), financial analysis and look back.
- Lead valuation, due diligence and integration processes for all M&A and Divestiture
- Work closely with controlling GBS to design and implement process changes to improve the relevance and insightfulness of information available to management (simplification)
- Monthly/Quarterly measurement of plan to actual business results and investigation of variances. Update plan as needed in conjunction with business unit FP&A
- Undertake special projects for business leadership as needed
- Provide analytical support to the business unit team to understand business drivers of performance and how to improve performance, including intervention suggestions
- Perform scenario analysis, sensitivity analysis, benchmarking of business unit performance, forecasts and plan
- Provide financial advice and recommendation to Senior Management in terms of strategic planning, analysis, working capital, costs and profit management support growth strategy.
- Advance the use of technology to simplify and improve analytics
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration; MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar position in large multinationals and ideally agricultural commodity business
- Experience working in an organization with centralized services functions providing global business services or shared services activities
- Experience with due diligence, forecasting, and financial analysis
- Ability to work in a challenging environment with multiple, changing and competing priorities
- Results and continuous improvement oriented; ability to drive initiatives and lead changes
- Strong problem solving skills with a proactive and pragmatic approach
- Language - English required
- Proven intercultural leadership skills to achieve goals through teamwork
- Proven experience in finance integration
- Complete mobility to travel
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as ability to work with various levels of office and operational contacts
- Positive, 'can do' hands on attitude
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Prior experience within ADM or in the industry is desired, as understanding ADM's complex business model will be an accelerator in the learning process
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in financial planning and analysis and business development
- Conversant with Corporate Finance concepts
- Solid analytical, data analysis and valuation skills
- Investment experience including partnership opportunities and equity investments. M&A experience desired
- Experience in reviewing and negotiating contracts
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence across various organizational groups
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to make things happen in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required; MBA preferred
Every position in ADM requires commitment to integrity, safety, diversity, quality and the following:
- Excellent influencing, communication and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen including financial analysis
- Project management skills, organization skills and an ability to multitask
- Comfortable working in matrix and entrepreneurial environments
Relocation is available with this position.
This position includes a full benefits package including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental benefits.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.