For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in hundreds of countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Elevator Superintendent -Greensburg, KS
This is an exempt level position.
ADM is seeking an Elevator Superintendent for the Grain facility in Creve Coeur, IL. Operational responsibilities will include administration and management of hourly and salaried employees. This position will report to the Territory Operations Manager.
- This position has responsibility for: Safely leading Shift Operations, Maintenance, Projects, and Contractor functions
- Ability to investigate the means by which elevator operating procedures can be improved, and initiates improvements in the efficiency of the department operations
- Expected to set a model safety example by following and implementing all safety practices, including looking for, reporting, and correcting safety hazards and poor practices during daily rounds of the elevator
- Researches and makes recommendations regarding process improvements or modification that might improve design, quality, reliability and safety
- Perform safety audits
- Maintain the plants equipment
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
- Ability to put together projects to improve elevator operations, i.e. energy reduction, efficiency, cost reduction, and follow through on completion of the said projects
- Requires a strong sense of ownership, accountability and continuous improvement
- Provide leadership and mentoring for colleague development, including training, technical support, mentoring and periodic performance feedback
- Experience leading teams is required
- The physical requirements of the job require the ability to climb stairs, prolonged periods of standing and sitting, office work, working in confined spaces and from heights, bending, kneeling.
- Ability to work a fluid schedule including weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Prompt attendance is a requirement.
- Bachelor's degree is helpful.
- Minimum two years' of grain handling experience
- Proven participation and leadership in plant safety programs and process hazard analysis
- Confirmed ability to plan, organize, and lead personnel, schedules, and other resources
- Excellent interpersonal skills - both oral and detailed written are needed to be effective in this position
- Strong leadership, management, and social skills are necessary to effectively interact with multiple employees, management personnel, and other partners
- Interpersonal skills employed include handling conflict, motivating, instructing, and training personnel in a fair, honest, and direct way
- Ability to utilize independent discernment to tackle problems, have excellent social skills to effectively handle multiple ongoing tasks, and strive for continuous improvement
- General knowledge of software systems such as Oracle (JDE) and Microsoft Office applications (Project, Excel, Access, Word, and SharePoint).
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.