For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Edible Vegetable Oils Refinery Manager - Enderlin, ND
This is an exempt level position.
The Enderlin facility processes canola, sunflower and soybeans as well as high oleic varieties of sun and canola oils. The facility also includes a multi-oil refinery with the capacity to refine approximately 2,000,000 # of oil per day. This is a non-union facility with an hourly workforce of 90 employees and a salaried staff of 30 employees. The refinery includes 5 salaried and 13 hourly employees.
The refinery manager's areas of production responsibility are refining, bleaching, deodorizing, dewaxing and load out. Refinery process experience in these areas is meaningful, as well as management skills such as setting plant priorities, safety culture, implementing company policies, cost management and capital discipline. The position is also extensively involved in quality control, food safety, environmental compliance and the plant's evolving maintenance program.
Employee will work in a plant environment. The physical requirements of the job requires the ability to climb stairs, lift 55 pounds, prolonged periods of standing and sitting, computer work, working in confined spaces and from heights, bending, kneeling and potentially working adjusted hours.
This is an excellent opportunity for a plant or project engineer seeking management and/or in-depth refinery processing experience.
- Display a dedication to lead, participate and support ongoing safety including values based safety efforts.
- Direct the daily operations of refining, bleaching, deodorizing, loadout and water treatment
- Understanding of operations, rules, regulations, policies and the ability to communicate those requirements effectively to the workforce.
- A deep understanding of the operations in refining, bleaching and deodorizing.
- Oversight for capital expenditures taking place in the area of responsibility, in addition to investigating potential cost-savings projects.
- Maintain good working relationships with all employees
- Provide solutions and promote teamwork amongst production, maintenance, quality and engineering groups.
- Maintain process safety standards and implement changes when necessary
- Optimize yields, supply usage and utilities, as well as other variable plant costs
- Work history in refining, bleaching, and deodorization. Dewaxing is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills to provide mentorship and feedback.
- Results driven to provide support to achieve the goals established by management.
- The ability to provide motivation to the direct reports and demonstrate leadership qualities to all plant personnel.
- Analytical skills and sound decision making ability.
- An Engineering degree or equivalent is required.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age disability and veteran status.