|Assistant Logistics Coordinator/Freight Forwarding- Ama, LA|
This is a Salary Non-Exempt position.
Execution & Logistics Group
- Ensure sustained records of vessel and rail purchase/sale contracts to provide accurate inventory reporting's necessary for forecasting.
- Produce vessel nominations to pertinent ADM groups, as well as, to the purchasing customer.
- Receiving and checking Customer Document / Load instructions to ensure accurate loading with USDA according to contract terms and identifying customer's requests not contractual to be negotiated with execution & logistics group. (decision making)
- Construct and administer elevator/USDA vessel load orders congruent to all contracts.
- Producing daily reports that support groups functionality (i.e. Contract summary/logistics/rail in transit)
- Invoicing and procurement of vessel laytime, both Dispatch and Demurrage.
- Freight forwarding/documentation
Key areas of responsibility:
- Identify break-downs within the group work flow patterns/execution and implement efficient solutions. (decision making)
- Contract Maintenance
- Coordinate large volume of emails and calls handling in order of priority and distinguishing need to consult management. (decision making)
- Understanding different trade terms NAEGA/ GAFTA/ FOSFA/ ANNEC
- Correspondence with merchandisers, as well as, some customers in relation to contracts
Term of Employment:
Long term / Growth Opportunities
- Computer Efficiency - Specific to Microsoft Word and Excel/ Intercompany systems
- Three years of related experience and/or four year bachelor's degree
- Accurate data entry and record keeping skills
- Good organizational skills
- Time management skills
- The ability to work well with others
- The ability to work weekends and overtime