|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
AgScape brings objective information about modern agriculture and food to Ontario’s classrooms. Our experienced teachers design engaging educational programming to inspire students to be curious, critical, and conscious about their food choices, discover exciting career opportunities that match their passions, and be bold global citizens, thinkers, and innovators.
We are passionate about connecting today’s students with the thriving field of agriculture. We have a work environment that fosters collaboration and creativity and provide the coaching and support for each team member to be the best they can be.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fund Development Manager is a key member of the management team, aligning fund development activities with AgScape’s strategic priorities and program outreach goals. The Manager is a results-oriented individual with strong management skills and comfort with a hands-on approach to fund development and interacting with our programs, communications and finance teams.
The incumbent develops, implements, and evaluates strategies to generate revenue through resource development, social enterprise, entrepreneurial thinking coupled with excellent business acumen.
• Oversee donor relations and a development plan by leveraging your experience in individual giving, major gifts, grant writing, events, corporate sponsorship, bequest programs and stewardship plans to facilitate fundraising and philanthropy efforts with an overarching goal of bringing in $800,000 plus in funding per year
• Manage all aspects of the fundraising process from research/prospecting and initial approach to development of high-quality funding presentations, applications and relevant materials to individual, organizational, corporate and grant funders at local, regional, and provincial levels, which also includes evaluation and reporting
• Establish an acquisition plan to cultivate existing and pursue new donors
• Communicate with prospects and donors via email/phone/video conference to secure fund development meetings and enhance relationships
• Manage giving programs, including, major gifts, membership, fundraising campaigns, and alternate funding streams with a goal of increasing gift renewals and attracting new donors
• Work to ensure relevant databases are kept accurate and current
• Ramp up AgScape’s Peer-to-Peer fundraising initiative
• Co-create and build strategic collaborative funding proposals with other organizations in the sector
• Evaluate current recognition matrix and advise on further development
• Contribute to development of promotional materials and fundraising tools across multimedia platforms
• Stay abreast of not-for-profit trends in the marketplace
• Plan and/or support donor events and secure corporate sponsorships for the annual general meeting
Relationship Management & Stewardship
• Manage and steward relationships with potential, current and past donors, and partners, through tactics, including direct outreach, custom reporting, presentations, and video
• In partnership with the Executive Director and Chair of the Sustainability Committee, provide reports and engage Board and other volunteers in fundraising activities
• Coordinate reporting in conjunction with Finance and Program teams
• Respond to donor-based inquiries
• Develop, secure and manage agricultural and educational partnerships in collaboration with other staff.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you are:
• An agile strategist – you’re passionate about strategic collaboration and shared success. You’re analytical and set clear performance goals. You’re also flexible and adapt to changing circumstances.
• An excellent communicator – you know what it means to act as an ambassador for an organization and you love speaking and networking on its behalf. You get your verbal and written messages across clearly and effectively no matter who your audience is.
• A creative revenue generator – you have a proven ability to think of new and innovative platforms for fund development and are excited to approach new potential prospects.
• An engaged team player who can work cross-functionally in a virtual work environment
Competencies & Other Requirements
• 3-5+ years’ experience in fund development in the not-for-profit sector with a track record of success in securing a range of gifts between $1,000-$100,000
• Experience developing and implementing fundraising plans
• Proven experience putting together and packaging successful fundraising / grant proposals for presentation to targeted funders
• Knowledge of development, management and implementation of effective corporate fundraising strategy and associated work plans
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to connect with a range of stakeholders
• Financial acumen and strong strategic thinker
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; proposal writing, public speaking, presentations
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, eTapestry or other fundraising databases; Familiarity with Asana & Canva a plus
• Strong team player who can interact with all staff positions and prioritize diverse needs as required
• Ability to stay independently motivated and productive in a virtual work environment and attend weekly virtual team meetings
• The successful candidate will be required to have a Criminal Records Check completed at the Vulnerable Sector level
This position offers long-term remote work arrangements within Ontario. On occasion, in-person meetings and events will be required.
This is a full-time position. Flexible hours centered around 8:30 – 4:30PM EST Monday to Friday may be agreed upon as long as 40 hours are worked within a week. Evening or weekend work may be required.
What We Offer:
We support our staff by providing the flexibility to prioritize work-life balance, providing a compensation package that includes health benefits, a RRSP matching program and training and development opportunities. In addition to vacation time - additional paid days off during the Holiday Season.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the attention of Sharon Bowes, Finance & Operations Manager by clicking on APPLY TO THIS POSITION.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, October 22nd or until a successful candidate is selected. AgScape thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AgScape is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION