U.S. - VP of Sales
Ag 1 Source is looking for a very unique candidate for a VP of Sales role. This position is for a smaller, global client, feed ingredients company. This role will drive volume expansion in a proprietary product line up, and lead both the plant operations and overall sales divisions. This role will serve as the senior sales individual in the organization for the U.S. and will be responsible for continuing to develop and implement the U.S.A. strategic sales direction of the organization alongside the President/CEO. In this role you will have the opportunity to flourish if you are a self-starter who likes autonomy and "betting-on-yourself" to be successful. Be part of a company that cares about both employees and customers and where your daily contribution has a deep and lasting impact. Multi-species background a plus.
Whats in it for you to be this VP of Sales?
• Small company, quick decision making, primed and ready in the early part of a large growth and expansion curve.
• Great products, nationally and global recognized, and totally open minded to all kinds of new business partner opportunities.
• Challenging position, with total "build-out" and business development platform for the next 15 years.
What you"ll be doing as the VP of Sales: The VP of Sales will be leading all customer functions and assisting with manufacturing-warehousing; including sales, customer experience, dealer and distribution channel partner development and relationships, contract, pricing models, account management, and overall operations. They will drive overall customer engagement, strategic growth for all product platforms and potential new product and new business development. Some of these tasks will include:
• Develop and lead effective execution of sales, through existing direct accounts and dealer-distribution channel partners in North America.
• New business development channel strategy to drive growth in sales for the organization.
• Lead strategic development and execution of manufacturing and distribution logistics.
• Collaborate with the President of the organization to ensure overall service levels and sales opportunity capture.
• Leverage technology to assist in sales process implementation and performance management.
• Utilize internal and market data to identify areas of opportunity to increase order frequency, opportunity development and customer acquisition.
A successful candidate for this VP of Sales role will possess the following:
• Thrives at developing, implementing and executing sales strategies.
• Understands customer organizations with a complex supply-chain and purchasing platforms.
• Data-driven leader who is effective at communicating with a globally diverse group of team members.
• Comfort with leading multiple initiatives in parallel, and prioritizing appropriately according to business needs, to deliver results successfully.
• Experience with longer sales cycles, dynamic pricing and corporate level relationships.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, flexible, quick decision making, team environment.
• Leader with an ability to influence sales processes across a variety of potential customer levels.
• Action oriented, decision maker, strategic thinker with a bias for "getting things done".
Base Qualifications and Skills to be considered for the VP of Sales role:
• 10+ years of previous experience in agricultural product sales.
• 5+ years of ag product sales team management.
• Track record of success in achieving growth objectives.
• Manufacturing and plant management experience, including production, warehousing and logistics
• Ability to analyze data including financial performance, customer performance, pricing.
• High desire to be successful in a highly autonomous type role, with very little micro-management from the President/CEO.
• Strong overall understanding of new, potential, marketing platforms and initiatives and ability to capture new market share.
• Bachelor's degree required - Masters degree in Nutrition and/or MBA preferred.
Compensation: This position provides a solid base salary, with large upside potential!
Benefits: A good benefits package is included.
Desired Location: The preferred location for the VP of Sales is in the Midwest.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Vice President of Sales job.