Hot House Produce Lead Merchandiser
Base Pay 150K-250K DOE
Ag 1 Source has been retained to place an experienced Hot House Produce Merchandiser for one of the largest grower and shipper produce companies with a national and international presence.
To be considered for this unique career opportunity, candidates must have at least 3 years of experience and/or knowledge of hot house operations, including but not limited to: growing, shipping, program costing, and client relations. Said hire will reside and office in either Dallas or Denver.
This job also entails international travel, so a valid passport is required. Responsibilities:
• Plan and develop merchandising strategies to optimally intersect the expectations of customers.
• Analyze sales figures, customer reactions and market trends to anticipate hot house produce needs and plan hot house produce volume projections.
• Collaborate with buyers, suppliers, distributors and analysts to negotiate prices, quantities and time frames
• Maximize customer interest and sales levels by helping to market hot house produce appropriately
• Forecast sales and probability
• Monitor stock movement and consider contract compliance, promotions, price changes, etc.
• Build constructive customer relationships and team with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals
• Remain up-to-date with best practices of the hot house produce industry
• Control the supply chain from the grower"s hot house to the customer"s warehouse Requirements:
• Proven working experience in hot house produce merchandising
• Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
• Up-to-date with the latest hot house produce merchandising trends and best practices
• Strong listening, presentation and decision-making skills
• Commercial acumen and the ability to decode customers
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Hot House Produce Lead and Merchandiser job.